1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz V Denon

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by pahos, Apr 13, 2004.

Tags:
  1. pahos

pahos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, I would like some feed back from anyone who knows about the Marantz 9300. Im about ready to buy and would like to know if its worth holding off till the 9400 that supposedly should be out in the next couple of months. Question is: would it be worth the money to purchase the latter model since the speakers I have are the Dali blue series ???
    Would it be worth looking at the Denon's equivalent, think its the 3805, price for the Marantz 9300 is $4300 Aus, which is the cheapest I can find. not too sure, I will definately be getting the Denon A11 DVD player. Please help with any feedback.

2. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    9300 is a few levels up from the 3805.

The 9300 is a THX Ultra 2 level amp, and the list price is about twice that of the Denon 3805 (non THX and list price of £1000)

I would wait for the 9400 personally, if the list price is the same, then it should be at least as good as the 9300 and also include DPLIIx.

3. pahos

pahos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So there will be a 9400 coming, hmmmm.
    I rang Marantz Australia today and they told me its not in the pipeline as yet. Not for another 8 months anyway. If thats the case, im not waiting, I want the 9400 NOW. heheheh
    The comparison should of been with the denon AVC A11, that would be its rival not the 3805.
    If theres any discrepancy that you may now about the 9300, could you please let me know. I am a NoOb, could you please explain DPLIIx. Im more of a video buff than audio.
    Thanks Kazman...

4. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    DPL IIx = Dolby Pro Logic 2x

Creates a convincing 7 channel surround sound layout from a normal stereo source. In fact, it is so good that many wouldn't be able to tell the difference between it and proper dolby digital surround sound in some cases.

You can also apply it to standard Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtracks to creat a 7.1 surround sound field.

Well worth it in my opinion.

5. Bails

Bails

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have the 9300 and it's a great receiver. I actually upgraded from the Denon 3803 (the 3805's predecessor) and the difference was light and day, particularly for music.

The amps in the Marantz are very smooth and warm. I would recommend it highly.