Marantz UD7006 DVD region free

For anyone who may be doubtful, or sceptical, I'd just like to verify Berny's multi-region info works no problem.

Thanks Berny.

PM me if you need it :)

Hi Berny,
Am new to this forum and am still trying to understand it, smile, but I believe you "have the key" to unlocking the above player, recently purchased by me. Could I possibly ask you for the detail? Cheers, Skemlad

Hi Berny,

Your in-box is full. Could you please let me have the hack for my Marantz 7006:smashin:

Cheers,

Sandy13

Hi Berny,

I would be grateful if you could PM me this info too.

Many thanks

Steven

Hello Berny, just purchased the 7006, awesome machine! Would certainly appreciate it if you could also PM me the top secret code.

Eternally grateful,

Paul

Hi Berny,

Finally got my PM to work now. Could you send me this too thanks!

Steven

All, I just thought I would share this with you. The hack involves firmware supplied by Marantz (40MB) on a memory stick to the dealer. There are detailed instructions which basically involve installing special "change the region" firmware. You then set the region for DVD & Blu Ray (no region free BR). Then re-install the original firmware. There are also factory codes to enter. It is not a simple fix these days like it used to be (Arcam used to use open the draw & press 1234, etc.). I dint know if Berny deliverers, I certainly had nothing from him. Maybe you need to talk nicely to the shop you bought the Marantz from.

I purchased my machine from a local independent shop who I have purchased hi-end kit from for many years and this was all part of the service.

Hi Berny
Do you know if it will work with the UD5005?

Hi all,

Sorry for the delays, back online today after being on holidays.

I'm going to start posting out the URL now.

Berny

Completely correct.

This firmware was provided by my dealer as where I buy my kit from isn't the same country I live in (It's close but not quite).

I wish the region code change was a simple remote control change, but it's not.

Berny

All, I just thought I would share this with you. The hack involves firmware supplied by Marantz (40MB) on a memory stick to the dealer. There are detailed instructions which basically involve installing special "change the region" firmware. You then set the region for DVD & Blu Ray (no region free BR). Then re-install the original firmware. There are also factory codes to enter. It is not a simple fix these days like it used to be (Arcam used to use open the draw & press 1234, etc.). I dint know if Berny deliverers, I certainly had nothing from him. Maybe you need to talk nicely to the shop you bought the Marantz from.

I purchased my machine from a local independent shop who I have purchased hi-end kit from for many years and this was all part of the service.

It works! Many thanks to Berny. It remains RF even after I've updated the fw to the latest version.

Thumbs up!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom