Quantcast

Marantz UD7006 DVD region free

foveacentralis

Standard Member
For anyone who may be doubtful, or sceptical, I'd just like to verify Berny's multi-region info works no problem.

Thanks Berny.

Sandy13

Hi Berny,

Your in-box is full. Could you please let me have the hack for my Marantz 7006:smashin:

Cheers,

Sandy13

Blackwhizz

Standard Member
Hello Berny, just purchased the 7006, awesome machine! Would certainly appreciate it if you could also PM me the top secret code.

Eternally grateful,

Paul

Blackwhizz

Standard Member
All, I just thought I would share this with you. The hack involves firmware supplied by Marantz (40MB) on a memory stick to the dealer. There are detailed instructions which basically involve installing special "change the region" firmware. You then set the region for DVD & Blu Ray (no region free BR). Then re-install the original firmware. There are also factory codes to enter. It is not a simple fix these days like it used to be (Arcam used to use open the draw & press 1234, etc.). I dint know if Berny deliverers, I certainly had nothing from him. Maybe you need to talk nicely to the shop you bought the Marantz from.

I purchased my machine from a local independent shop who I have purchased hi-end kit from for many years and this was all part of the service.

Blu-rayx

Hi Berny
Do you know if it will work with the UD5005?

Berny Stapleton

Novice Member
Completely correct.

This firmware was provided by my dealer as where I buy my kit from isn't the same country I live in (It's close but not quite).

I wish the region code change was a simple remote control change, but it's not.

Berny

All, I just thought I would share this with you. The hack involves firmware supplied by Marantz (40MB) on a memory stick to the dealer. There are detailed instructions which basically involve installing special "change the region" firmware. You then set the region for DVD & Blu Ray (no region free BR). Then re-install the original firmware. There are also factory codes to enter. It is not a simple fix these days like it used to be (Arcam used to use open the draw & press 1234, etc.). I dint know if Berny deliverers, I certainly had nothing from him. Maybe you need to talk nicely to the shop you bought the Marantz from.

I purchased my machine from a local independent shop who I have purchased hi-end kit from for many years and this was all part of the service.

Cayinist

Standard Member
It works! Many thanks to Berny. It remains RF even after I've updated the fw to the latest version.

Thumbs up!

Latest News

Disney CEO Bob Iger steps down
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Quantum Dot development could mean cheaper displays
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix launches daily top ten rankings
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
OLED TV sales exceed one million in Q4 2019