Question Marantz UD5007 help with possible fault please.

panman40

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My UD5007 seems to playback most 2D Blu Rays fairly quietly but 3D discs make it run very noisy and it has vibration to. I haven’t used it that much since buying it from a forum member on here but i do like the player.
Would anyone know what could be the cause or if there’s somewhere i might be able to have it fixed for not to silly money ?.
Thanks.

My UD5007 seems to playback most 2D Blu Rays fairly quietly but 3D discs make it run very noisy and it has vibration to. I haven’t used it that much since buying it from a forum member on here but i do like the player.
Would anyone know what could be the cause or if there’s somewhere i might be able to have it fixed for not to silly money ?.
Thanks.
Can't think of any reason why 3D blu-rays would be noiser than 2D ones unless they rotate faster (and I've seen no mention of that). The disc should be the same BD25 or BD50 as a normal blu-ray. While wikipedia says the longer 3D discs are triple layer which normal (2D only) players cannot read, over at blu-ray.com they are saying there never was any triple layer 3D discs released.

Is it happening with all 3D discs?

Can't think of any reason why 3D blu-rays would be noiser than 2D ones unless they rotate faster (and I've seen no mention of that). The disc should be the same BD25 or BD50 as a normal blu-ray. While wikipedia says the longer 3D discs are triple layer which normal (2D only) players cannot read, over at blu-ray.com they are saying there never was any triple layer 3D discs released.

Is it happening with all 3D discs?

Hey Doug thanks for the reply, it’s been the last few 3D discs yes, I must experiment more shortly. I really like the pq and audio from this player ( don’t say it lol) and would like to fix it if poss.
Martin

Hey Doug thanks for the reply, it’s been the last few 3D discs yes, I must experiment more shortly. I really like the pq and audio from this player ( don’t say it lol) and would like to fix it if poss.
Martin
I was wondering if you were just unlucky and picking up some discs which were warped etc which can make them far noisier even for 2D ones.
Are the discs noisy all the way through or just at the start?
Can you play one of your noisy 3D discs in 2D by turning off the 3D to see if it is still noisy?

Unfortunately given the age of the player I'm thinking if it is a drive issue the drive may be unobtainable or expensive. But again I can't see why only 3D discs are causing the drive noise and vibration (unless the discs are warped).

You could try I suppose opening up the player and adjusting the drive mount screws or doing something similar to what many did with the infamously noisy LG UP970 and putting in some form of dampening.

I was wondering if you were just unlucky and picking up some discs which were warped etc which can make them far noisier even for 2D ones.
Are the discs noisy all the way through or just at the start?
Can you play one of your noisy 3D discs in 2D by turning off the 3D to see if it is still noisy?

Unfortunately given the age of the player I'm thinking if it is a drive issue the drive may be unobtainable or expensive. But again I can't see why only 3D discs are causing the drive noise and vibration (unless the discs are warped).

You could try I suppose opening up the player and adjusting the drive mount screws or doing something similar to what many did with the infamously noisy LG UP970 and putting in some form of dampening.

I don’t think so, they play fairly silently in the ub820.

I’ve just tested House of Magic which has the 2D and 3D on one disc and both seem identical, quite loud and vibrate whilst loading and the first chapter, skip and it’s quieter and by the 3rd chapter (15 minutes or so) and it’s pretty quiet for the duration.
Then tried Alita 2D Blu Ray which was about the same, but the 3D disc was very noisy loading and until around 6 or 7 chapters in, when getting to the last few chapters it got louder again. This 3D disc plays fine in the ub820.

I think I saw something on eBay but it Looks to be a laser pickup,

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom