Marantz UD5005 & UD7005 BD Players

simonldt

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any of these new Blu players from Marantz?

The 7005 looks really good, especially for the price although I can't for the life of me find some specs regarding the audio DACs used and if they're any good.

Post info, reviews, questions, etc in this thread.

Thanks,
Simon.

Anyone got any of these new Blu players from Marantz?

The 7005 looks really good, especially for the price although I can't for the life of me find some specs regarding the audio DACs used and if they're any good.

Post info, reviews, questions, etc in this thread.

Thanks,
Simon.

Here is some info on the UD5005...

Indeed same spec but they had to rename it as the 7006.
Apparently the firm that supplied the chips for these went bust...somewhere in the far east.
After marketing the 7005 for 6 months they were left in a pickle when the chip makers went tits up. :suicide:
They had to find a new supplier for the chips so mothballed the 7005.
The 5005 were completed however so no problems.

I've been trying for ages to get hold of the 7005 to match my SR6005.
I put down a payment months ago and have now been told that it will be released early spring...my guess is late Jan or early Feb.

The retailer has said he will waiver the increase in VAT. :clap:
You cannot go wrong with the Marantz on sound, and being an Ultradisc player this will play anything you throw at it.

Hang in there and wait a few weeks, it should be worth the wait. ;)

Phil. :)

After marketing the 7005 for 6 months they were left in a pickle when the chip makers went tits up. :suicide:
They had to find a new supplier for the chips so mothballed the 7005.
The 5005 were completed however so no problems. ;)

What is the chip you refer to and who is the company that allegedly went bust ?

AVI

is it the same one Arcam were in bed with?

is it the same one Arcam were in bed with?

I doubt it. As part of D&M Holdings Marantz typically use a Denon platform especially on the digital side. ABT have been used in recent models to post process video but I'm not sure what SoC is used in the universal players. The early generation non universal used the Panasonic UniPhier.

Avi

No idea.
I'm not even sure of the accuracy of what the bloke in Sevenoaks told me.
One retailer told me Marantz were holding the 7005 back due to "quality control" issues. :rolleyes:
Another one told me they were on "back order" :rolleyes:

No one seems to know for sure but the Sevenoaks person seems the only person to give me details.
He also told me of the change in model No from 7005 to 7006 before Marantz put it out on their website.

I know the Arcams and the Marantz are using the Anchor bay tech in their models...not sure if it's these chips.

I know the Arcams and the Marantz are using the Anchor bay tech in their models...not sure if it's these chips.

Arcam have used older generation ABT solutions in some of their past DVD products but the Arcam Blu-ray doesn't use ABT. One of the issues with Denon/Marantz implementation of the ABT is the lack of 2:2 odd/even forced cadence options. This is needed to enable the ABT solution to achieve optimum results with PAL DVD or 2:2 HD film. The ABT is good with NTSC but not so great with PAL/2:2 film in auto/forced film(NTSC) mode.

Avi

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom