marantz tt15 ?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by gad, Mar 25, 2006.

1. gad

gad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have been considering upgrading my turntable/arm/cartridge for some time now and have max £750, I would really like a vpi scout but bit out of budget especially when a cartridge is added on.

I was thinking about a clearaudio emotion which is available for under £700 complete with satisfy arm and auram basic cartridge but haven't seen, or more importantly heard one.
    However saw the marantz today and it looked good, like a 'souped up' emotion complete with Satisfy ebony arm and Virtuoso mm cartridge and will be listening to it soon.

Has anyone seen/heard this before, I'm interested as it's about the same price as the emotion but does it sound as good? I have no way of comparing them so would welcome your thoughts.

Thanks

2. SKA.face

SKA.face

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For that sort of money,I would add the Rega p5,the clearaudio is decent too,you won't get a VPI for 700 unfortunately, they are superb decks.

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,671
    The choice in that price range is actually quite large,and you should also include the Nottingham Analogue Horizon,and if you are willing to buy used,then the choice becomes larger,with used Linns and many others being worth a look.