1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz SR9200

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by RJS, Nov 16, 2001.

Tags:
  1. RJS

RJS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone had a chance see this new Marantz? How about any reviews on it yet? I guess it's their new flagship (non-reference) A/V receiver. I'm getting a new set-up, and I'm thinking separates, but this new Marantz seems awefully interesting. And if it sounds as good as Marantz stuff I've used in the past, it would be a great value - especially considering the features it has. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

RJ

2. RJS

RJS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I fianlly had a chance to listen to this bad boy today, and let me tell you, I was quite impressed. Not only was the sound clean and very powerful, but some of the music surround modes actually sounded good (i.e. useful). All of my listening was done with music, and this receiver pretty well shined throughout. If the home theater performance is as good (which all the Marantz's I've had in the past have done very well with) - this unit is a very serious contender. I almost had my heart set on Rotel separates, but the SR9200 really has me thinking. I even listened to them in a side-by-side A/B comparison, and struggled to tell the difference. You could tell a little about the Rotel because the 1095 Amp is incredibly powerful. Anybody else have any thoughts about this piece of equipment?