Marantz SR9200 - Sound Delay

paul3_uk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just purchased the above receiver and am having a couple of problems, as follows:

1) Is there any way to stop the receiver trying to detect the input audio source that results in a 2 or 3 second delay (very annoying !!)

2) I cannot seem to get a lot of bass out of my REL Stadium II subwoofer. I have tried tweaking the subwoofer levels to the point where it seems that the sub can't take any more, but when I play back movies (that I know have very strong bass e.g U571) it all seems a bit watered down and weak.

I know these may be really stupid questions, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks .....

Hi

What speaker setup have you selected? Try all speakers set to small and all bass to the sub to maximise the amount of bass being directed to it.

Have you switched on any Bass Peak Limiter (if the amp has this feature)? Ideally its best left off.

If the AUTO signal detect takes a few seconds to lock onto the source then you might be better switching it manually each time, not the ideal solution though I´m afraid.

A common problem with Marantz recievers, there is no solution other than to replace the reciever (preferably for one that isn't Marantz) do a search on this forum on the subject.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom