Marantz SR8012 duel Monitor problems

Hipshot69

Novice Member
I have a Marantz SR8012 hooked up to a Samsung KS9000 tv. All components are plugged into the corresponding HDMI inputs on the back of the receiver. I am running monitor 1 output on receiver to run all my main components (TELUS pvr / 4k Blu-ray player / Apple tv etc...) into the HDMI 1 input of my tv. Currently set to movie mode.
On monitor 2 output from my receiver, I am running my Xbox One X to HDMI input 4 on my tv which is set up for game mode.
For some reason, this is not working out. I have set resolution to auto in the Marantz settings but I rarely get a display on my tv. It is intermittent at best. I need to manually go into the settings and hard lock Monitor 1 if I want to watch tv or Blu-ray etc.... Then go in and lock monitor 2 if I want to play Xbox. This gets me picture and sound for both but a huge pain in the ass.
Is this because I am running monitor 1 and 2 into the same tv, or what? I am at my wits end. Please help!

goingoingong

Distinguished Member
I have a Marantz SR8012 hooked up to a Samsung KS9000 tv. All components are plugged into the corresponding HDMI inputs on the back of the receiver. I am running monitor 1 output on receiver to run all my main components (TELUS pvr / 4k Blu-ray player / Apple tv etc...) into the HDMI 1 input of my tv. Currently set to movie mode.
On monitor 2 output from my receiver, I am running my Xbox One X to HDMI input 4 on my tv which is set up for game mode.
For some reason, this is not working out. I have set resolution to auto in the Marantz settings but I rarely get a display on my tv. It is intermittent at best. I need to manually go into the settings and hard lock Monitor 1 if I want to watch tv or Blu-ray etc.... Then go in and lock monitor 2 if I want to play Xbox. This gets me picture and sound for both but a huge pain in the ass.
Is this because I am running monitor 1 and 2 into the same tv, or what? I am at my wits end. Please help!
No, that is not a problem in my experience.
I had a LG TV set up using SR7012, both monitors connected, and switching the TV input triggered the change in the monitor output used i.e. If you select HDMI 4 on the TV, SR8012 should automatically output from Monitor 2. This was with I/P scaler off.

Have you got
HDMI Output: AUTO
Video Mode: AUTO
Try it with I/P scaler off and thus resolution not applicable.
This will let the TV do the upscale if necessary.

Hipshot69

Novice Member
No, that is not a problem in my experience.
I had a LG TV set up using SR7012, both monitors connected, and switching the TV input triggered the change in the monitor output used i.e. If you select HDMI 4 on the TV, SR8012 should automatically output from Monitor 2. This was with I/P scaler off.

Have you got
HDMI Output: AUTO
Video Mode: AUTO
Try it with I/P scaler off and thus resolution not applicable.
This will let the TV do the upscale if necessary.
Thank you.. I will look at this when I'm home tonight. Hope I'm successful

Hipshot69

Novice Member
Looks like things seem to work fine with all devices except my telus 4k pvr is causing the problems.
Sometimes it's fine. Sometimes it says:

Your television cannot support HDCP video over your high definition connection.
(H1001)

I am going to have to contact Telus. Thank you very much for your help.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom