• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Marantz SR7500

B

bigman32hockey

Hello. First-timer here. I have a relatively basic question. I own the Marantz SR7500 A/V Receiver. I use it with the Cambridge Soundworks
MC300's as the FR/FL and Center channels, the CSW P500 subwoofer and the CSW S300 surrounds. When I am watching a high definition channel, the sound seems to be much quieter than when I am viewing an analog channel. I have tried changing the surround modes, but overall, when a digital signal is detected by the receiver, for some reason, I see, to need to turn the receiver up much higher (mid to low 20's). Is there some setting that I have set incorrectly. I used the MRAC to calibrate my settings. I have actually gone into the speaker setup and set them all the 5 (MRAC set them at 0) to try and get more sound out of them. It seems odd that I have to turn the receiver way up to get any decent sound out of it.

For any other Marantz SR7500 owners out there, what volume level would you say you use on average when watching HDTV or a DVD?

mhuk05

If you're talking sky HD, have you looked in the sky hd section as it may be more related to the source signal than your amp (at a guess)?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom