1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

marantz sr7500 + mordaunt short avant 5.1 + ps2

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by StormRider, May 25, 2005.

Tags:
  1. StormRider

StormRider
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,i just got my system few weeks ago consists marantz sr7500, ms906, ms905c, ms902 & ms309. i have some question and hope anyone out there can give me some advise.

a)what should i set the size for the speakers? when watching movie,by setting the speakers to small will have gd bass response. but when for music,setting the speakers to large will gives more clearity. for my sr7500 , the bass and treble is set at 0dB , left center and right at 0dB , surround L & R at +2dB and subwoffer at +3dB, crossover freq at 100MHz. for my subwoffer volume and crossover freq is set at middle. anything wrong with these setting? currently i have to switch between large and small each time from movie to music. :confused:

b)for my 309 subwoffer, is there any difference if i set the notch filter to off? Because currently i don't have a SPL meter and i dont know how to make use of the notch filter.

c)i have hook my ps2 to sr7500 using optical cable. but the amp auto detect digital in only able to detect stereo for all the prologic game. how come? i have to manually switch to prologic for gaming and then switch back to auto for music and movie.... :confused:

Thanks...! :)

2. Prayer

Prayer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think that Dolby Pro Logic games exist!
    It's an logically filtered and split stereo source into 5.1 channels and unless your receiver is telepathic (and it isn't) you have to switch it always yourself.
    If you really mean Dolby Digital, then you have to refer to the setup part in the instruction manual of your receiver and also PS2.

3. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    poostation 2 games are in pro logic (pl2 for newer ones) acutally, cos it can't handle in game dolby digital. Not sure why it doesn't suto switch to pro logic, some do some don't. It probably thinks your listening to music.

As for the notch filter, there should of been a setup disc explaining it, if there isn't one maybe tons of fun will help you out...