Marantz SR7300

mugsy

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up

There is a reveiw of the new Marantz over at hometheaterforum.com...

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?threadid=106343

Looking good, got mine on order from Unbeatable - been emailing them constantly for a delivery date the latest reply being...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Customer

These we are waiting on the confirmed delivery date at the moment from the supplier.

Regards,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the guy in Canada has one hopefully it will be out here soon :)

I don't think you're the only one waiting on unbeatable to supply a 7300, I can't see them doing so at the price they have them up for.

I think Unbeatable *might* keep the price (fingers crossed) - I asked AVland if they would match (they are selling for £530) and they said they would. This may indicate that they feel they'd make enough profit on a £470 machine to make it worth their while.
Still if I have to wait much longer I'm going to buy something else - I've had "mine" on order since September.

Nice find mugsy

James,

Unbeatable quote £469.96 - QED have it for £470.51 - both around a 30% saving on the high street price which will be around £650. They both generally advertise electrical goods being upto 30% cheeper than the high street and this is a prime example. AVLAND have it for £529.95 - generally their prices are a little higher than the former 2 websites.

So what makes you think Unbeatable or QED will not honour the price?

Just spoken to Neil at Marantz and he has good news, SR7300 are currently in Holland and he said they will start sending them out in the next couple of weeks :) :) :) :)

Thank fudge for that. I've entertained buying any number of other HT receivers over the last couple of weeks - Sony 555, Arcam AVR200, Pioneer 1011/2011, Denon 3802. Hopefully Unbeatable will be amongst those dealers to receive stock - however they aren't sure they will be.

Can't........wait......much.....longer

QED now have this listed at £599!!! - I'm praying Unbeatable don't up their price as I think they charge the current listed price when they (eventually) ship :(

This is the reply I've just received from Unbeatable re: the SR7300

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your recent e-mail enquiry.

I am sorry that we do not have any further information on this delivery at the moment. We have been advised by Marantz that they are due to us any time but they are currently under allocation and can not offer any firm delivery dates. We will be chasing them this week again and if there are any updates we will pass these on to you.

On another note, if the order comes down in value while we are waiting on stock this discount will apply to your order but I regret that it will not be reflected on the website

Originally posted by mugsy
QED now have this listed at £599!!! - I'm praying Unbeatable don't up their price as I think they charge the current listed price when they (eventually) ship :(

I got a shock, too, when looking at QED's prices for the 6300 and 7300! All of a sudden they've increased, although Pricerunner still have them listed at their original price with a current date showing, so God only knows what's going on!!

Are unbeatable authorised dealers? I had a SR4300 ordered with QED some while ago and they were quite clearly never going to get them in so I cancelled and got one from HifiStore, who as an authorised dealer were clearly given priority for stock. During the time my order was on with QED I replied in a thread at the dvdforums about the Marantz receivers and the guy, Justin from UpgradeHeaven said this same thing, that authorised dealers have priority. So with the high demand for these new models I wonder just when and how many Unbeatable might get. Also note that on Marantz's website they say that only those bought from authorised dealers get the full two year warranty, although I'm not sure how this stands up with the unauthorised guys also usually stating two years.

Ed

Unbeatable do seem to be authorised dealers - or rather their bricks & mortar shops (Capital Sound & Vision) are listed on Marantz's site

Homecinemaheaven.com have told me the gold model is due in late this week / early next week. Mailed my local hi fi shop as well, will see what they say.

Any updates on the SR7300?

I've just worked out all the issuses with my new setup and would like to grab one of these at a good price.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom