Marantz SR7300 - Multi Room/Multi Source..

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Dazed, Nov 5, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Dazed

Dazed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had one of these on order now for what seems like an age from Unbeatable.

One question/concern that I have about it is I need the ability to run a seperate set of speakers (in the kitchen). Does anyone know if it has A/B switching? I know it is advertised as having multi room/multi source capability and in a 7.1 receiver you'ld just dedicate 2 of the amplifiers to the second speaker set. However the Marantz "only" has 6 channels - presumably this means you can only run a mono setup? This can't be right surely?

2. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,030
    Not sure about the 7300 as there are no details about it on the Marantz site.

Going by the back panel of the 7200 here:

http://www.marantz.com/p_product_alt.cfm?id=554&cont=e&img_ext=bck

It has multiroom outputs but you need a seperate amplifier to run them. It does have Speaker Set A and Speaker Set B so presumably you could use that if need be.

Not sure if it has Power Amp Assignment like the Denon 3801/3802/A1SR though.

3. Dazed

Dazed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks

All I need is A/B although it would be nice to have multiroom/multisource outputs I don't think I can be arsed to have an amp in my kitchen - even though I'll have a spare one soon.

If anyone's interested there is a pdf on the Marantz SR7300 here

http://mccollums4.home.mchsi.com/SR7300.pdf

Not sure if it's a Marantz official publication. One hell of an ugly remote control

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had one on order for a while with QED-UK, but they can't source any stock, so I cancelled.

Looking at the Denon 3803 now...

5. Dazed

Dazed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unbeatable have told me that stock is available in November (some time) - when is the 3803 out? Unfortunately it's twice the price of the Marantz - I'm sorely tempted to buy something slse but I've waited over a month already so I'll just have to keep telling myself "just wait a few more days, just wait a few more days" although I fear impatience is getting the better of me