Marantz SR7300 - did they fix the fault ??

Boozyuzi

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if later models of the Marantz SR7300 still suffer's from the high pitched whining noise that people were noticing ???

Maybe the fault was fixable by a software download ?

Anyone know ?

Nope, I suggest you give Marantz a call and ask. When I talked to them they told me I should return my receiver. My dealer, Home Cinema Heaven insisted there was no fault....

If you can find one without the fault it's a good receiver, I would still have mine if the whine wasn't there.

I have said amplifier and there is no high pitched whining except from my wife who complains it is too loud.

It is, but hey!

Is this a problem on the SR7400.

Daneel, did you prefer the 7300 (apart from the whining) to you Pioneer 2011?

I don't think so Dimmy, but having 3 months between using them and that being my first exposure to decent sound quality, it is very hard to tell.

Hello Dimmy,

I have a SR7400 and can report that there is NO high-pitched whine from this receiver. It is very quiet in normal operation and is a pretty good bit of kit. I paid about £520 for it and have been impressed by the features, quality of build and sound quality from it.

Rgds

I'm buying a VSX-D2011 from Smurfin next week, but it's 90% probable (exactly 90% :p) that I'll sell it straight away and buy a new Sanyo Z1 projector, unless it really does blow me away in performance.

So I'll be receiverless for about five weeks, at the end of which I'll either be buying another 2011, the SR7400 or a Denon 3803. Time will tell...

Originally posted by Dimmy
Is this a problem on the SR7400.

No; at least the two samples that we have don't anyway. The two designs have nothing in common under the skin (everything is in a different place if you look at them side by side). The late model SR7300 I have behaves itself in this regard as well although you can still measure the time it takes to start producing noise from a soundtrack after you restart it with a calender.

Tons of Fun - what do you think to the SR7400?

Pretty good all things considered. The Marantz stereo ability is all present and correct and in any room less than barn sized, it isn't short of grunt either. It gives a nicely enveloping feeling to proceedings (there is a good soundstage as opposed to four points of noise at the back) and build is totally acceptable at the price. Very good learning remote included as well.
I must confess to be more interested by the blurb on the upcoming Rotel RSX-1056. I only use five channels and have always wanted a receiver that looks like it was made out of recycled tank parts. Just have to find a way of persuading the company to buy one now.

Details are on Rotel's website.

It has 3 trigger outputs and 3 component video inputs, exactly what I'd need! And only five channels! Perfect!

Is there a likely price for this?

Originally posted by Tons of fun
Just have to find a way of persuading the company to buy one now.

As I say, I'm gunning for a price of £0 :)

And I'm gunning for sub-£1000. I'll have to work thousands of hours to pay for it :(. If only I'd get it for £0...

Well joking aside, it seems to be priced at $1300 in the states. The RSP-1068 is $1699 and Rotel are committed to a similar (ie £1000) price point in the UK for this to keep in fashion with the 1066 it replaces. That says to this numerically flakey head £750-800. Still not money you lose behind the sofa but not an impossible target either.

Oh, good, only 180 hours work then :smoke:

I might be interested in the 2011 you (will) have Dimmy, depending on the price :D If not I might have to resort to buying a 7400 or have a look at the now h/k range.

The hardships of life lol

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom