1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

marantz sr7300 aaarrrrrrrr

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by darren7, Jan 19, 2003.

Tags:
  1. darren7

darren7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok as some of yo may no I have been waiting for this amp for a long while from Unbeatable, well they said I was top of the list and it came friday, I got home and had to go strait out, as I was due to got friday night.

well I saw the box and was just well pleased it was here at last after all the wait from Unbeatable.

Tonight I got it out of the box when I came in from work....................................aaaaaahhhh, the unit looked real nice, flipped it round to look at the rear panel load of inputs....oh no, the whole back was smashed in. sh**.

Right on all the speaker inputs, closley looking at the box I could see a small split in the cardboard box, putting the unit back in the box this lined up,

after 3 months wait for this

gutted guys.

D:mad: :mad:

2. darren7

darren7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And now they are saying another 3 Weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. MuFu

MuFu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    That sucks, unlucky mate. :(

MuFu.

4. darren7

darren7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok after wating all this time and this!!

I have read all the other posts about this model, I have crapped it a bit and sent it back and changed model.

I will now go for a Pioneer, to many probs with 7300.

All the dealers seem to be aware of the problems as well, this is areal shame. Because the unbeatable price is such a good deal.

D

5. Dazed

Dazed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alright Darren - hope the stand's ok.

I've just noticed that Unbeatable seemed to have stopped selling Marantz amps.

Which Pioneer are you going for the 2011?

6. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok there seems to be more than a few complaints regarding the 7300 but i think you're being a bit harsh on marantz amps in general. there are many many satisfied marantz owners on here including myself.

7. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Me as well, Owner of a 7200 and well pleased with fit and function. Try to be objective as you can find a dozen problems (or 'quirks') on any piece of equipment via the internet. A totaled rear end is not exactly common. :D

8. SlimJ

SlimJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just want to say, having recieved my 7300 after 3 months or so of waiting, I am very happy with the quality. I have had no problems and don't understand what half the complaints are about.

Hope you all get your's soon.

9. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Ive had an email sent to me from unbeatable stating that there is a global shortage of this amp . They said they were sorry and if i wanted to i could cancel or order somthing else.Anyway for£460 i don't mind waiting and iam sure if you get a genuine fault marantz would cover it anyway and dont forget this amp is doing great in other countrys so iam just going to stick with it hopefully i will have made the right decision.
    Gonzo.

10. darren7

darren7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no I am not saying that Marantz are bad, and I have never said that, just that there is a global fault with the 7300,

I own a KI sig cd and amp and I thing they are real good.

I am afraid that most of the dealers do no of the problems with the 7300, and I think Unbeatable have stoped them, as Dazed has said in the above post.

Hi Dazed

Thanks yes the stand is up.

and yes it is the 2011, I have been put near the top of the list because of my long wait before and my problems

D