Marantz SR7012 and LS50 metas

superloopy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Guys ... just looking for advice on how well the SR7012 will do with powering an initial Kef LS50 meta front three?

Anyone using LS50 metas in their home theater?

Was looking to go to a full 5.1 system (R62C), once the initial investment is done but have ny doubts now about the whole setup
after reading that the LS50s are on the low output side requiring a bit of grunt, especially if i extend to 7.1.

Guys ... just looking for advice on how well the SR7012 will do with powering an initial Kef LS50 meta front three?

Anyone using LS50 metas in their home theater?

Was looking to go to a full 5.1 system (R62C), once the initial investment is done but have ny doubts now about the whole setup
after reading that the LS50s are on the low output side requiring a bit of grunt, especially if i extend to 7.1.
They like power. A 3 channel power amp for the fronts would work well.

I'm guesing not so, and after reading a good few posts it appears a decent integrated amp dedicated to fronts allowing HT bypass would be a decent solution. I'm intending to build out a system which allows for AV and 2 channel music (cd, record deck) so it seems the way to go. I'm on my jouney with the TV 77"oled, amp Marantz SR7012 and LS50 metas fronts in Royal Blue. Anyone any opinions on rear surrounds which would be a suitable pairing. Centre will be a K62C, no space for a matching meta unfortunately. Would a set of meta rears be overkill (i'm guessing the answer will be in the positive here ;>)) but wife likes a blue coloured speaker of which there are few around.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom