Marantz SR7011, SR6011 AV 7703 Owners thread

Yes it can! Don’t know where it is in the menu

Yes it can! Don’t know where it is in the menu

In the GENERAL SETTINGS within FRONT DISPLAY

snapshot001.jpg

can the small circular window display on the Marantz models be turned off [including the blue ring light surround] when in use?

To turn off the blue ring light hold down the Dimmer button on the front panel for 3 seconds. To turn the display off go into the setup menu to General - Front Display.

To turn off the blue ring light hold down the Dimmer button on the front panel for 3 seconds. To turn the display off go into the setup menu to General - Front Display.
Thanks. There is no dimmer button [quicker method] on the remote? Can the small circular display on the front show soundtrack info etc... i.e DTS/DD/DTS-HD/TrueHD?

Thanks. There is no dimmer button [quicker method] on the remote? Can the small circular display on the front show soundtrack info etc... i.e DTS/DD/DTS-HD/TrueHD?

No. You'd have to use the display behind the drop down if wanting to ascertain what the audio format is.

snapshot001.jpg

No, the blue ring light can only be turned off via the front panel. The display itself can be done via the setup menu or front panel. Would have been quicker and easier had they included a dimmer button on the remote.

As posted above. The small window display doesn't show much beyond the Volume/Input. When the display is turned off it will light up when you use the remote for anything and then turn itself back off again.

Hi guys,

I’m looking to purchase a 6011 or 6012 as I want to run 5.1.4.

I currently have a dali zensor 5.1 set plus two atmos speakers running on a Yamaha Rxa860. This sounds great but I have another pair of atmos speaker and want to run 5.1.4 but my current amp can not do this.

My question is would my 5.1.2 sounds as good as the 5.1.4 on the Marantz amps. I have only had onkyo and Yamaha amps and have no idea of the quality of marantz. Some retailers have told me to stick to what i got as the sound quality is better. Is this true???

I have heard that the 6011 can run really hot and is a concern for me. My current amp just fits into my rack but is open on both side so plently of space for the vents on the side so has never overheated. I believe both marantz amps are slightly shorter then mine so this might not be a problem.

The current Yamaha amps that run 9 channel are too tall for my cabinet so can only really look at marantz or denon.

Any help would be appreciated

Just set the 7011 up roughly, as I won't have ceiling speakers for a few days and my grandson is helping! Has anyone set the trigger up for power amps? instruction is not clear to me. It says to connect the lead with power amps on but further on it tells you to turn the power amp/s on? any help appreciated- Don't want to take a chance with power amp and new receiver.

Would like to say thanks to Steve at Peter Tyson for expediting delivery of my receiver after I made an ordering error:cool:

Just set the 7011 up roughly, as I won't have ceiling speakers for a few days and my grandson is helping! Has anyone set the trigger up for power amps? instruction is not clear to me. It says to connect the lead with power amps on but further on it tells you to turn the power amp/s on? any help appreciated- Don't want to take a chance with power amp and new receiver.

Would like to say thanks to Steve at Peter Tyson for expediting delivery of my receiver after I made an ordering error:cool:
not using power amps but i would never connect cables to amps while on.

I have heard that the 6011 can run really hot and is a concern for me. My current amp just fits into my rack but is open on both side so plently of space for the vents on the side so has never overheated. I believe both marantz amps are slightly shorter then mine so this might not be a problem.

Been using my 6011 for most of the day with music and the odd movie (between -30 and -22 volume) and i just put my hand on the top - it's a lot warmer than i expected. I certainly wouldn't put anything on top of it! There is about 2 inches between the top of the amp and the glass shelf above it and the shelf is warm to the touch as well. The side panels are cool though.

Just thought i would give you some feedback :)

Last edited:

As posted above. Connect the 12v Trigger cables whilst everything is powered off. Turn the Marantz back on and go into the main setup menu to General - Trigger Out 1/Trigger Out 2 and check that those settings are On. Turn the poweramps on and then switch the Marantz off. It should then turn the poweramps off as well. Then just turn the Marantz back on and carry on as normal.

Can't play with receiver as grandson is watching my tv so i'm upstairs on mac:( how do I select 7.1 inputs from remote and/or receiver (this for my sacd player) cheers. I'm reading the online manual but I'm not 100% at present and there's a lot of manual.

As posted above. Connect the 12v Trigger cables whilst everything is powered off. Turn the Marantz back on and go into the main setup menu to General - Trigger Out 1/Trigger Out 2 and check that those settings are On. Turn the poweramps on and then switch the Marantz off. It should then turn the poweramps off as well. Then just turn the Marantz back on and carry on as normal.

Great thanks a lot.

Can't play with receiver as grandson is watching my tv so i'm upstairs on mac:( how do I select 7.1 inputs from remote and/or receiver (this for my sacd player) cheers. I'm reading the online manual but I'm not 100% at present and there's a lot of manual.

In the main setup menu go to Inputs - Input Select - Input Mode and select 7.1CH IN. I'd switch to another Input such as CD before you do that though then just use that Input for your SACD's. You can also rename it via Inputs - Source Rename.

Once done the Marantz will remember that mode for that Input each time you select it.

Thanks for that I'll have a play now gs. Gone to bed. I have my sacd player wired fl and fr for cd and six leads for sacd (Sony XA3000ES) it has 8 outputs.

Thanks for that I'll have a play now gs. Gone to bed. I have my sacd player wired fl and fr for cd and six leads for sacd (Sony XA3000ES) it has 8 outputs.

Ah, ok. Maybe set up the 2CH L and R outputs of the Sony as a seperate Input on the Marantz then you won't have to change things each time you listen. Say CD for 2CH with the Input Mode set to Auto or Analog and DVD (renamed to SACD) for SACD's with the Input Mode set to 7.1CH IN.

It assigned itself (7.1) to AUX1 so I'v just renamed that to SACD for now.
Not had time to play today as Servo-15 went bang so sorted that,but family visitors are still here which I'm happy with but could have done without dentists appt. tommorow!

Never used ARC before so I'm not sure about a couple of things. I have my b/ray player and other equipment into the 7011 by HDMI and one lead from receiver (ARC monitor) to the ARC input on my LG E6 (HDMI 2) all work fine but I don't get the tv picture as I thought was the case with ARC. I have to switch to 'live tv' to get this picture and then I don't get the receivers graphics osd overlaid. I've set the 7011 remote up for the tv and assigned sound so no problem there. Is my understanding of what ARC does wrong?

Separately the 7011 gets pretty hot even playing cds in stereo or pure direct even though I'm using separate power amps for the front channels. Do the receivers internal amps remain on even when using outboard amps?

Never used ARC before so I'm not sure about a couple of things. I have my b/ray player and other equipment into the 7011 by HDMI and one lead from receiver (ARC monitor) to the ARC input on my LG E6 (HDMI 2) all work fine but I don't get the tv picture as I thought was the case with ARC. I have to switch to 'live tv' to get this picture and then I don't get the receivers graphics osd overlaid. I've set the 7011 remote up for the tv and assigned sound so no problem there. Is my understanding of what ARC does wrong?

Separately the 7011 gets pretty hot even playing cds in stereo or pure direct even though I'm using separate power amps for the front channels. Do the receivers internal amps remain on even when using outboard amps?

While using the ARC as the source, only audio is being output from your TV to the receiver using the HDMI connection between them. No video is handled by the receiver and the receiver doesn't output any video to the TV. You need to use the TV's remote to select what you see on the TV because the TV is the source.

@dante01 Thanks that's how I had it set up but using thr receivers remote for tv, obviously a numpty re ARC.
Any information regarding the internal amps question?

Denon models have a reputation for running hot. I've heard it said that this is due to the location of their video board rather than it being an issue caused by the onboard amplification. REgardless, the receiver would put itself into standby if it were to reach temperatures exceeding its operational parameters. THe receivers include inbuilt protection circuitry that helps avoid overheating.

As posted by dante01 above, it's the HDMI boards that tend to generate the majority of the heat. My 7010 gets pretty hot and it's only powering the Surround Backs and/or being used as a Processor for all nine other channels.

Is there any internal fan on the 7011? There’s no sign of one on the external casework with that I can see, though I haven’t looked underneath.

Is there any internal fan on the 7011? There’s no sign of one on the external casework with that I can see, though I haven’t looked underneath.

Yes, it is located at its base with the intake on the underside.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom