Marantz sr7010 now on the website.

Only list price I can see is £1699 so a big increase on the current model although cheaper than a Denon equiv.

Lets hope it quickly comes down to £1k when I would be interested.

Pretty sure I read it was gunna be £1499??

2 new Anthem AVRs announced, too. The 720 and 1120.

Saw Movie rooms at £1699 and just looked again and Kalibrate show rrp £1399 so not sure what to think but hopefully Kalibrate are right and £1k by xmas should be doable.

Just seen Movie Rooms pricing on the Marantz. I'm waiting for info on Pioneer LX89. I have the LX 88 on home demo at the minute.

notice 6010 has xt32 but 6009 has one below it.

I'm going to sit back and watch the prices on these and the 6010. Still haven't decided 100% whether I'll be going 5.4.4 or 7.4.4 when I rebuild my room next spring. Depending on which way we swing the room layout I may not have enough space for the surround backs (though this layout is good for other reasons), so maybe I only need the 6010 anyway. I'm running a separate power amp and Dirac room eq anyway, so it's mostly going to be used as a processor and will only power the ceiling channels using the 7010/6010 power amps.

I'm going to sit back and watch the prices on these and the 6010. Still haven't decided 100% whether I'll be going 5.4.4 or 7.4.4 when I rebuild my room next spring. Depending on which way we swing the room layout I may not have enough space for the surround backs (though this layout is good for other reasons), so maybe I only need the 6010 anyway. I'm running a separate power amp and Dirac room eq anyway, so it's mostly going to be used as a processor and will only power the ceiling channels using the 7010/6010 power amps.

Then maybe go for 5010?

Can't remember why off hand, but I thought there was some limitation with the 5010 or a feature that the 6010 has above it that I need.

Anyway, they'll be giving them away by the time I've finished my room...

EDIT: The 5010 only does 5.1.2 so no good for 5.1.4 if I decide that I can't go 7.1.4.

No one interested in the the new Yamaha Aventage range?

No one interested in the the new Yamaha Aventage range?
Need 11 channels (9 on-board plus 2 pre outs) and XT32 for under £1500 so only the marantz seems to fit the bill?

I have concerns regarding the quality of components. Marantz can offer so much and still undercut the competition by so much, especially if the rrp is around £1500-££1600.

Yamaha 3050 at £2000, Pioneer LX89 I expect will be around £2000-£2200 & the Anthem 720 around the £2000 mark. The new Cambridge CXR200 doesn't even offer Atmos or DTS-X and is still £2000.

Maybe its just bells & whistles over quality parts??

Volume sales allows better prices, and smaller companies can't get the same scale and price for the components as D&M.
Manufacturing in China also helps.

Having gone from an A810 to the SR7009, the Yamaha feels higher quality.

Having owned the SR7005 a few years back I'm not drawn to the new Marantz. I have the Pioneer LX88 at home on demo. The plan is, if I like it enough I'll go for 89 when its released. Having said that I do want to hear the Yamaha 3050 with my KEFs before making a decision.

Wasn't impressed with the Pioneer so took it back. Heard the Yamaha 3040 today with Atmos and wasn't impressed! Not sure what the fuss is all about. Now i'm looking at Arcam, Anthem and Cambridge CXR for basic 5.1/7.1

The new Arcam this year will be amazing, I cant say anything right now but it is going to be tough to beat.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom