Marantz SR7007 or Pioneer LX56

ReleasePT

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need your help. I'd like to start off a 2.0 home cinema but with 5.1 in mind.

I don't have a specific budget. Let's say 2000€-3000€ for the total 5.1. But it's always hard to say exactly how much because I'm going to start off with a 2.0 and then moving all the way up to 5.1. It can change at any time. ;)

With the help from other guys from a Portuguese forum I have now 2 possible av receivers and 5 possible set of speakers. Maybe you can help me decide between these options.

For the AV receivers I can get them for this price:
Pioneer SC-LX56 -> 1025€
Marantz SR7007 -> 905€

For the speakers I have the following options:
Monitor Audio RX6
Monitor Audio GX50
Monitor Audio GX100
XTZ 99.26 MKII
XTZ 99.36 MKII

Considering the prices I can get for the speakers I can't decide between the RX6 or GX50 but the others are also a possibility.

I want this system for both movies and music and for the time being is for a 25m2 room but will later be for the double maybe.

Any help will be appreciated.

ps: Sorry for my English..

Given your speaker options I'd probably suggest the Maranyz as being the better option. Your speakers are relatively clinical in nature as are Pioneer AV receivers and the combination of both together may result in the audio being too clinical. Marantz AV receivers have a warmer sound to them than that associated with Pioneer.

The XTZ 99.xx speakers will probably be a level above the MA RX series, probably more in line with the GX series. If budget weren't a factor, the MA GX100 would be an excellent choice, but considering the XTZ 99.xx offer almost the same quality, my choice would be the XTZ.

Although the SR7007 is a top receiver, it could struggle to full power the 99.36, so, the 99.26 could be a better option. And with the money saved from the GX100, you could add a subwoofer like the BK XLS200 or 400 :)

Although the SR7007 is a top receiver, it could struggle to full power the 99.36, so, the 99.26 could be a better option. And with the money saved from the GX100, you could add a subwoofer like the BK XLS200 or 400 :)

I concur and would suggest maybe looking at the Denon AVR4311 or the AVR4520 if wanting to use more demanding speakers.

The Marantz SR7007 is basically the same amp as the Denon AVR3313 and although the SR7007 is Marantz's flagship model, Denon make 2 models above the AVR3313, the AVR4520 and the high end AVC-A1HDA. The AVC-A1HDA would probably be well beyond you're budget, but the AVR4520 or the AVR4311 that preceded it may be worth consideration?

The problem is that the Denon 4311 retails for 1100£, even as B-stock. The marantz, on the other hand, is 799£

The problem is that the Denon 4311 retails for 1100£, even as B-stock. The marantz, on the other hand, is 799£

Yeah but the Marantz is just a Denon AVR3313 in a funny jacket and the AVR3313 costs less ;)

Prices may differ on the continent?

Prices may differ on the continent?

I'm living in Switzerland and since VAT is 8% I can buy from the UK without the UK VAT but with the Swiss VAT (so 12% discount on some UK stores). ;)

Honestly I don't want to look to any more receivers. With these 2 I'm already going nuts to decide which one to buy.

These are the final prices I can get:

Receivers:
Pioneer LX56 -> 1025€
Marantz SR7007 -> 885€

Speakers:

Without shipping that should be around 60€-100€:
Monitor Audio RX6 (New - Black) -> 655€
Monitor Audio RX6 (New - Gloss Black) -> 785€
Monitor Audio RX6 (Demo - Gloss Black) -> 725€
Monitor Audio GX50 (New - Gloss Black) -> 785€ -> My preference
Monitor Audio GX50 (Demo - Gloss white) -> 755€
Monitor Audio GX100 (New - Gloss Black) -> 1020€ -> Too expensive
Monitor Audio GX100 (Demo - Gloss White) -> 885€
Focal Chorus 807 V -> 450€ -> I can go there in person

With shipping:
XTZ 99.26 MKI (New - Black) -> 500€
XTZ 99.26 MKII (New - Gloss Black) -> 850€
XTZ 99.36 MKII (New - Gloss Black) -> 1125€
XTZ 99.36 (New - Black) -> 900€

I'm living in Switzerland and since VAT is 8% I can buy from the UK without the UK VAT but with the Swiss VAT (so 12% discount on some UK stores). ;)

Honestly I don't want to look to any more receivers. With these 2 I'm already going nuts to decide which one to buy.

These are the final prices I can get:

Receivers:
Pioneer LX56 -> 1025€
Marantz SR7007 -> 885€

Speakers:

Without shipping that should be around 60€-100€:
Monitor Audio RX6 (New - Black) -> 655€
Monitor Audio RX6 (New - Gloss Black) -> 785€
Monitor Audio RX6 (Demo - Gloss Black) -> 725€
Monitor Audio GX50 (New - Gloss Black) -> 785€ -> My preference
Monitor Audio GX50 (Demo - Gloss white) -> 755€
Monitor Audio GX100 (New - Gloss Black) -> 1020€ -> Too expensive
Monitor Audio GX100 (Demo - Gloss White) -> 885€
Focal Chorus 807 V -> 450€ -> I can go there in person

With shipping:
XTZ 99.26 MKI (New - Black) -> 500€
XTZ 99.26 MKII (New - Gloss Black) -> 850€
XTZ 99.36 MKII (New - Gloss Black) -> 1125€
XTZ 99.36 (New - Black) -> 900€

Hi ,

I almost bought my Marantz from petertyson for that price as well. After talking to Marantz Germany, I was told I would have no warranty in Germany, so I bought herein Germany for basically 100euros more. Check about the warranty you may need to send it back to the UK if something goes wrong.

Hi ,

I almost bought my Marantz from petertyson for that price as well. After talking to Marantz Germany, I was told I would have no warranty in Germany, so I bought herein Germany for basically 100euros more. Check about the warranty you may need to send it back to the UK if something goes wrong.

Hi Wayden,

Thanks for the reply. Where did you buy in Germany. Since I'm in Switzerland if it's not that far from where I am, I can go there in person.

Besides idealo.de are there other good price comparison sites to compare prices from stores in Germany?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Wayden,

Thanks for the reply. Where did you buy in Germany. Since I'm in Switzerland if it's not that far from where I am, I can go there in person.

Besides idealo.de are there other good price comparison sites to compare prices from stores in Germany?

Thanks

Hi,

I bought it from hificity.de. I think it is located near Leipzig. The marantz was not on the website, so I called. Do you speak German? I doubt that the owner speaks English , you can bargain with him and negotiate a price.

Hi,

I bought it from hificity.de. I think it is located near Leipzig. The marantz was not on the website, so I called. Do you speak German? I doubt that the owner speaks English , you can bargain with him and negotiate a price.

Only English, French, Portuguese or Spanish. I'm going to learn German, but not yet. ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom