1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz sr6200 problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Freddie, May 20, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Freddie

Freddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just purchased an ex demo marantz sr 6200, unfortunately it has neither instruction manual nor remote, can anyone let me know how I can get hold of these, I've tried contacting the recommended dealer from the Marantz web site, but so far had no luck!
    Any help or advice regarding setting it up would be gratefully recieved,
    Thanks Fred.

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    When I owned an sr6200 I tried to get hold of a replacement manual as well. I phoned Marantz and they said a replacement manual was only available through their distributor for spare parts:

http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk

Great I thought :) - until I found out the price :eek:.

I'll let it be a surprise to you but you can find out by going to the site above and clicking on the "Instruction Manuals" link. Select "Marantz" from the Manufacturer List and then select "SR6200" as the model number.

Needless to say, I made do without.

You can download the full SR6300 manual which isn't much different to the SR6200 one, except for a few features here:

http://www.marantz.com/pdfs/u_sr6300_man.pdf

:).

3. ChrisNic

ChrisNic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Blimey! I wonder if they sell any at that price!?

4. Freddie

Freddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just recovered after checking price, althoughit was only just over half the price of a replacement remote from the same company!

Thanks for your info, if you know where I could find a remote, even if its only to teach a one for all I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks again, Fred

5. Gomez

Gomez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :eek: :eek:

That's quite strange....

Here you go:

http://www.marantz.com/pdfs/u_sr6200_man.pdf

Fred,

I would go for a nice learning remote (Phillips has some decent ones with LCD which aren't too pricey) and then look for someone with a remote of the SR 6200/7200 in order to make your remote learn the codes.

Maybe there is anyone from the forums near you or any friendly HC-Dealer who lets you learn the codes as it is just a matter of minutes.

Good luck,
    Gomez

6. Freddie

Freddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Gomez,

You don't know anyone who wants a freshly printed 43 page sr6300 instruction manual do you?

What do you think of the One For All 'Mosaic' ? It looks like it will do the trick

7. Gomez

Gomez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Fred,

I think any remote will do, as long as it has a learning function.

The OneForAll should work perfectly, though I must admit that I personally don't like touchscreen remotes. I pretty much prefer remotes with real buttons or a combination of both.

In the end, it's just a matter of personal taste.

Refering to the SR6300's manual: Don't know what to do with it. :confused: May one of the owners of the SR 6300 would like to have a copy of his manual...

;)

Regards,
    Gomez

8. Freddie

Freddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which remote would you recommend in the £60 to £120 price braket, and why.

9. home_bas

home_bas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  10. home_bas

home_bas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Plus as the Pronto is a Phillips device, it will already work with a lot of your amp's functions, it did with my SR5300

11. Freddie

Freddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for that,
    Ive heard though that the pronto screen can be bad to see in certain situations, have you had any such problems?

12. home_bas

home_bas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Never had problems seeing it myself, maybe with really bright or reflective light on the screen?

It might seem a bit daunting to program one from scratch (the default layouts are awful), but there are plenty of pronto system files you can download and modify with your codes to get a 'headstart'.

On my remote there are quicklink buttons to TV, DVD and CD audio modes on each pronto screen. These automatically set the correct AV input on the amp AND the TV (useful!), even switch the amp and TV on if necessary. And of course, the correct buttons are shown for that mode! SOOO much better than fiddling with 3 remotes.

The other benefit is that you can lay your remote out EXACTLY how you want, so you only have the functions you need on the initial screens for each component, with more in-depth options kept on other pages.

For example, my TV screen has logos for all the channels rather than pressing numbers (useful for DTV), as does my Radio screen.

Anyway, the remotecentral site has plenty more than I can tell you.

13. Freddie

Freddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like the ideal tool, I'll have to wait 'til the end of the month though!
    I might be back in touch when I come to programming it, sounds pretty complicated.
    Thanks again, Fred