Marantz SR6200 & DTS pickup

mancubas

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi

I don't know whether it is a problem or not, tried playing Chicken Run in DTS through the SR6200, it only picks it up when I press the AUTO button on the remote.

When I press DTS button on the remote it sits there and keeps on looking for a DTS signal, I am not sure what this means, can somebody tell me whether it should or should not do this.

Thx, in advance.

Have you made any progess with this? You're having more luck than me as I can't even get mine to pick up the DTS signal at all - neither AUTO or DTS mode give me any sound! (using the Pioneer DV-626D rather than the 636)....

I have read on the forums about the Pioneer 6 range DVD players having problems with DTS playback

I might be wrong, but I think trying just about any other dvd player will correct the problem.

wirth a try?

I have the 6200 and a Pioneer 555 and don't seem to be having any problems with DTS discs.

Unfortunately I have problems with other things including a TV audio input that switches off the amp every six minutes and a subwoofer outlet that may or may not be working.

hi. i bought my amp back in april this year.so a couple of days ago i went out and hired the film,which said on the back cover that it was in dts, the film (american pie 2),so brought it home and tried to play it in dts mode,but it could'nt pick nothing up,no sound nothing.but i was trying to play it on my playstation 2,but i did check to see that the ps2 was set up for dts,it was.so i'm a little bit worried at the moment,could there be something wrong with these marantz 6200?or could it have been that this film was'nt in dts.so where are my going wrong.or does this amp have a fault.everything else is fine dolby digital fine,cs 5.1 fine,dp2 fine.so why no dts..please help

You need to select DTS from the Audio options in the dvd disc menu. DTS isnt enabled as standard as pople who dont have DTS amps can damage their speakers if they can only handle 5.1. Also check your dvd player is setup for DTS in the player menu. Good Luck

well it would seem that if there are indeed several people out there having problems. it's either the Pioneer 626 at fault, or the SR6200... I got my 6200 from Upgrade Heaven (Home Cinema Heaven) about 2 weeks ago now, so I've email them (and Pioneer) with the problem to see if they can shed any light on it... I'll also phone Pioneer and Marantz on Tuesday and see if anyone knows anything..

Anyone else got any experiences they can add to this thread of problems or resolutions?

hi.philgregg.i cant even get the dts to come up when i select auto on the amp.well i'm trying to get through this annoying problem on my sons ps2(will get a better dvd one day soon)but it does'nt look good.i've had my amp for about a month,but have'nt really bought any dts discs,not that many for the region 2 ps2..had my marantz from hifijunkies,all was well until i went out and hired a dts film(american pie 2)and the film was crap.so where do we go from here.thats it from me for now..

Ian J,have you disabled the TV AUTO feature?

Hi

Apologies for not updating this thread, I unfortunatley I have had no progress with my problem as I do not have many DTS DVD's, I am about to order another DTS title to confirm this is a problem,

Once I have established this is a problem I shall be contacting HiFi Junkies and Marantz and I shall keep eveybody updated on this thread, I want to make sure it is a problem before I dive in head first.

Watch this space.

Originally posted by Ricky27
Ian J,have you disabled the TV AUTO feature?

The TV auto feature is supposed to switch off the amp when the TV is switched off but on mine it is just the amp that switches off even whilst watching a TV program.

This happens every six minutes and whilst my initial thought was that it was overheating you can switch it back on straight away and it runs OK for another six minutes.

It comes in useful for timing boiled eggs.

My understanding of the TV Off feature is it will power off the amp approx 5 minutes after the amp stops receiving a signal from the TV IN connection - I guess if you don't actually use the TV IN connection on the amp it's going to keep switching itself off regardless. Have you actually tried setting TV OFF to disable to see if it corrects the problem?

The only other thought would be it's the SLEEP mode kicking in, but I though that only worked in increments of 10 minutes (not used it myself though)....

so you do have your TV signal routed through your tv input then?

Originally posted by mancubas
Hi

Apologies for not updating this thread, I unfortunatley I have had no progress with my problem as I do not have many DTS DVD's, I am about to order another DTS title to confirm this is a problem,

Once I have established this is a problem I shall be contacting HiFi Junkies and Marantz and I shall keep eveybody updated on this thread, I want to make sure it is a problem before I dive in head first.

Watch this space.

Instead of frustrating yourself even more buy buying a DTS disc why not Hire one frm your local video shop? I have The Fast & The Furious which is is definately in DTS

Originally posted by PhilGregg
My understanding of the TV Off feature is it will power off the amp approx 5 minutes after the amp stops receiving a signal from the TV IN connection - I guess if you don't actually use the TV IN connection on the amp it's going to keep switching itself off regardless. Have you actually tried setting TV OFF to disable to see if it corrects the problem?

On my JVC TV the scart out from TV back to amp sounds terrible so I connect all audio sources to amp. Originally the Sky box was plugged into the TV in but as the amp kept cutting out after six minutes I changed things around and plugged the VCR into the TV in for less aggravation.

When watching a tape the amp switched itself off every six minutes despite there being a constant signal. I have disabled TV auto off and the problem has gone away.

This is not supposed to happen and I presume that the TV Auto Off feature is faulty but as it doesn't cause me any problems now I will leave well alone.

It's a shame that such a brilliant amp has so many different problems

Hi

Thankfully I have not come across this common problem of the amp cutting out, yes it is a shame this WONDERFUL amp has these little problems, I think the pro's out way the con's thou.

HEHEH

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom