Marantz sr6006 + Airplay Issues

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by ax255, Dec 7, 2011.

Tags:
  1. ax255

ax255
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good day!

I have an Marantz SR6006, a PC with Windows 7, and a Mac with OSX 10.6.

I have an issue with my setup. I have narrowed it down to be the Marantz Receiver as the perpetrator, but now I need some help. I have done a lot of research on this, and only found a similiar issue with an Iphone not seeing the Airplay receiving device. (in theory the same problem, different player/controller-----> iphone/computer)

Basically after sitting for a while (i.e. being shut off, standby for a while...whatever) both the PC and Mac are unable to find the receiver on the network, but only in Itunes. In windows 7 I see the device under control panel, and it is functioning properly. But, when I open up Itunes, it is nowhere to be found (I don't have an Airplay symbol).

In the past I got around this by rebooting the devices...really until the Airplay symbol randomly shows up. But I am very much so over that process, and I am looking to fix this problem. This is how the individual with the Iphone was able to fix it....up until he got tired of rebooting it every time he came home.

So bottom line is it works some of the time. I see no pattern whatsoever which would cause this feature to go out.

The receiver, has up to date firmware, the PC and Mac both have the latest Itunes. There are no restrictions on my router, and everything is "allowed" to be shared through window's strict sharing policy, so I am at a loss.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :lesson:

2. jakobh

jakobh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have you tried resetting your router? If I have any issues with Airplay(NR1602) it's mostly my router. Not that it happens a lot. When I come home from work my iStuff always discovers the NR1602 as it should be. And when it's not available it takes half a minute or so.

3. ax255

ax255
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a netgear 3400 router, but I will try to reset it when I get home.

But the PC see's the router as connected to the network, it is just Itunes that has issues....itunes...ehh

Thanks!

4. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,269
    Have you check that the 'Network Standby' function is set to 'On' as referred to on page 109 of your user manual?

[​IMG]

5. ax255

ax255
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, it works sometimes. I have tried turning the standyby on and off again, didn't work. It literally worked for about 2 weeks. Now it has been two days...ahah..ehhh...

6. audiorules

audiorules
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there!

Was someone able to find a solution for this problem... since I am having the exact same issue I was wondering what the solution could be?

Thanks!