Marantz SR5300 Remote Control

X

xio

Not entirely sure this is the right forum for this, but I've just bought the above receiver and the remote claims to be able to work all sorts of other kit too. Works the Sony tv and the JVC video just fine, but no codes are given for the Grundig Sky digibox. Does anybody know if it is possible for this remote to operate that kit ?

Thanks

AOD

Your best bet would be to give Marantz UK a ring.

The remotes with the x200 series (or at least with the 4200 & 5200) couldn't control a SKY digibox. Pretty poor seeing as the SKY boxes have been around for a while.

By the way, all digiboxes (excluding the newer SKY + box from Pace) have the same set of remote control codes.

X

xio

Good poin t about them all being the same - I'll look in the book again for panasonic or pace or whatever (not Pace Sky+ !) and try a few. Don't fancy going through the entire code table manually....

nunew33

Standard Member
I had this problem with the 5200 and mailed Marantz. This was in September and they aid that they didnt have the sky codes. One would assume the 5300 was already designed by then. The response from Marantz is in this forum somewhere

AOD

Just to make it more laughable, Marantz & Philips are very closely connected, right?

Guess who makes the standard SKY remote.

Yep, you guessed it. Philips!

Classic case of the left hand & right hand...

kevb

Novice Member
Philips sold Marantz quite sometime ago. They have now merged with Denon.

AOD

Oops! I stand (or sit as the case may be) corrected :blush: .

Maybe Denon can educate Marantz in the field of remote control codes. We can but hope...