Marantz SR5300 Remote and Sky.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by pwiles1968, Jul 24, 2003.

Tags:
  1. pwiles1968

pwiles1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Anyone know of the code to Make a Marantz SR5300 programmable remote work with a Sky Box, I was led to believe there is not one programmed in but thought I would give it a try anyway.:confused:

2. Ricky27

Ricky27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    I had the same query but never did find an answer before i got a pronto, looked everywhere but seem they never did include the sky code for the 5300 remote.

3. pwiles1968

pwiles1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I think you have to pay Sky for the use of the codes (which does not surprise me). I think the company that supplies Marantz the code also supplies the ones for Yamaha and they did do it on the A5 remote I tried that code with no luck, I had hoped that maybe the 5300 remote used a default set of codes but did not put the code in the manual hence my post.

Suppose I will have live with it for now, anyway ownership of the remote control denotes power in the house, I have so many I must be GOD, is that just a male thing?: :D