Marantz SR5200- where can I get it repaired

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by BBBBB, Aug 15, 2005.

1. BBBBB

BBBBB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a Marantz SR5200 and I have a popping noise from the front left hand speaker output. This has been highlighted by other people on this forum but I bought it in 2001 and the problem has only just occurred.
    The only places Marantz could suggest to get it repaired were in Swindon and Manchester. By the time I have paid for delivery and repairs I might as well buy a newer model.
    I am looking for a local place to take it in the Midlands around Birmingham Coventry Leicester that can repair it. I have tried one place who tried but did not have the equipment to locate the fault.
    Having had it for less than four years I don't relish the prospect of binning it.

2. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    If it is known problem, ask Marantz to furnish the fix details (or speak to their suggested repair centers). Then take it to a local repairer with the information. That should save delivery costs. Also as long as it is not surface mount components, a skilled amateur could do it also.

3. BBBBB

BBBBB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks will contact Marantz