Marantz sr5200 (rear speakers)

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by RATMARK, Feb 5, 2002.

Tags:
  1. RATMARK

RATMARK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Delivery date tomorrow,Can anybody give any advice for the set up of the amp in general and best place for rear centre speaker ie hiegh ,distance behind seating etc Can it be ceiling mounted firing down Or is that a bit mental !!!

My settee is very close to rear wall facing my t.v. 44" rp about 17 foot away,will i need to pull my setteee away from the rear wall say 2 foot to get the real effect of the rear centre

MY rear surrounds are dipoles about 18inches from rear wall and approx 5 foot high on the walls

What type of speaker is best
    I have a spare gale centre would this be o.k (replaced by m/short center)
    front center and surrounds are m/shorts
    fronts are Bose ( compromise with the wife)

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So many references to where speakers should be placed.......this is how i have mine.
    Surrounds L/R..... On the side wall just infront of the listening position about 2ft above ear level when seated.

Surround back L/R....... On the back wall at a narrower distance than the fronts, a little higher than the L/R surrounds, seating distance from back wall is about 5ft.
    Direct radiating speakers for the duties of S/B

Your centre will do but two speakers are better than one, a single speaker can draw your attention to it, were as two the sound is less localized.

bob

3. RATMARK

RATMARK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    a bit thick, so i can connect two center rears, i guess this better stearing across the back,

More cable around the walls.

4. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can have two S/B speakers if you amp has the facility, i believe your amp has 6channels @ 85watts it only has the provision for one S/B speaker.