1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz sr5200 problems?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by magnatom, Oct 19, 2001.

Tags:
  1. magnatom

magnatom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have just ordered a Marantz sr5200.
    However, I have heard that there are problems with the power output and noise on the sr7200. Does anyone know if these problems translate down to the 5200?

Thanks

2. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I think the problems were just related to s video switching (connecting the TV to the amp instead of the source to the TV) My friend has the 7200 and it's sounding better by the day

3. siwatkins

siwatkins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have a 7200 and have no noise problems, nor power output problems at all. A lot of these comments were based on a single Sound and Vision review, where it is thought they tested a faulty unit.

I don't know of anyone else having problems with the 7200 either; all seem to think (myself included) that it is a brilliant receiver - especially so for music sources.

Simon

4. z5461313

z5461313

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    I have the Marantz sr7200 also - just upgraded from a Yamaha 795a - the objective being to have Pro-logic II and try to get better music replay

I also like this amp alot. The things that are good about it are:

1. Easy set up - there is an on screen display - here you can enter the speaker distances in feet and also the output for each channel - so if you think you need more boom from the sub-woofer then you can increase the volume for it - thats all - very easy

2. It really is musical - I knew Marantz were well known for great music reproduction - hence why I bought this - and cd music is nice to listen to - very musical - has a direct mode to bypass tone controls and keep the sound pure

3. Vocals are clearer - I can hear the actors voices clearer than with my previous amp - solved the problem of hard to hear speech on the center speaker - I think this is because of the quality of the DACS being used

4. Of course Pro-Logic II - now I can watch all movies I have with fairly decent sound output

5. A sixth back speaker - there is a connection for a rear speaker if I want to add one later - no external power amplifier required

I have now become a fan of Marantz and my upgrade after 2 years was worth it