marantz sr5012 audessy xt

Frankyve85

Novice Member
Hi There,

I read that if you buy the audessy app on your smartphone you can further tweek the sound settings on your marantz receiver. The sr5012 is mentioned in the app store as being compatible. But my question now is, does it also provide for some subwoofer callibration? or is this only availible for the xt 32 version of audessy, like it is on the more expansive marantz receivers? I could not find an clear answer to that question ( or i didn't look at the right places). My problems i have is mainly in the subwoofer frequencies, therefore i hope te tweek some basic settings like eq. Any advice and or tips are welcome.

F.v.E

p.s. i have already been trying different locations, and placements of the subwoofer.

Dolus

Running Audyssey with the app is the same as running as normal. You still plug the mic into the receiver but instead of using the remote control you use your smart phone with the app installed. If your Audyssey version is XT it will still be XT.

The app gives some extras like before and after graphs, switching midrange compensation, choosing from two roll off frequencies, customize the target curve and limit the frequency range that Audyssey corrects.

Watching a video will give a better idea.

Upvote 0

Frankyve85

Novice Member
Running Audyssey with the app is the same as running as normal. You still plug the mic into the receiver but instead of using the remote control you use your smart phone with the app installed. If your Audyssey version is XT it will still be XT.

The app gives some extras like before and after graphs, switching midrange compensation, choosing from two roll off frequencies, customize the target curve and limit the frequency range that Audyssey corrects.

Watching a video will give a better idea.
Thanks for the reply,

well, then the question is will audessey xt be able to change the eq curve from the sub like shown at around 10.38? if that is the case then i believe i'm good to go.

thanks again.

Upvote 0

Dolus

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom