Marantz SR5008 Sound Issues

Sanjith

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have recently got a sound setup with Marantz SR5008, Klipsch RF52ii Floor standing Speakers, BIC Formula F12 Subwoofer. The speakers are connected with Belkin Pure AV High quality cables.

I have done the speaker calibration using Audyssey,but afterall the result came from the speakers really disappointed me even after spending a good amount of money for this setup.

It seems like the speakers are not working at the desired output level, I'm getting a better sound in my car's stock stereo system. The thing I could notice is that the subwoofer is not driven well even when subwoofer level is set to 12 in the receiver. So I guess the sound output driven to speakers are also low and they are also not working at their desired level. I'm entirely new to High end receivers and Floor Standing speakers.

After a week of trying all possible ways with the help of my brother I'm still not finding any solution to fix this. Tested the subwoofer by connecting to my friend's Yamaha receiver which costs about $400 and it worked perfect. Today I have done resetting the receiver and tried playing without any Audyssey calibration, still the issue remains & the sound cant be compared even to satellite speakers.

Speaker Crossovers - 80Hz
Bass - 120Hz (LFE+Main)

Anyone met with similar issues? Or any idea about how this problem can be fixed? Is it an issue to be fixed by the company by the Marantz team? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 20140501_203603.jpg
    20140501_203603.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 304
My sound is terrible with the sr5008. With RCA, hdmi, optical, and pass through inputs. Tv speakers sound better. $900 wasted. I have b&w speakers, no problems with another amp. Any suggestions? Been living with this for a couple of years and really tired of issue. Audessy adjustments do not help.

I have recently got a sound setup with Marantz SR5008, Klipsch RF52ii Floor standing Speakers, BIC Formula F12 Subwoofer. The speakers are connected with Belkin Pure AV High quality cables.

I have done the speaker calibration using Audyssey,but afterall the result came from the speakers really disappointed me even after spending a good amount of money for this setup.

It seems like the speakers are not working at the desired output level, I'm getting a better sound in my car's stock stereo system. The thing I could notice is that the subwoofer is not driven well even when subwoofer level is set to 12 in the receiver. So I guess the sound output driven to speakers are also low and they are also not working at their desired level. I'm entirely new to High end receivers and Floor Standing speakers.

After a week of trying all possible ways with the help of my brother I'm still not finding any solution to fix this. Tested the subwoofer by connecting to my friend's Yamaha receiver which costs about $400 and it worked perfect. Today I have done resetting the receiver and tried playing without any Audyssey calibration, still the issue remains & the sound cant be compared even to satellite speakers.

Speaker Crossovers - 80Hz
Bass - 120Hz (LFE+Main)

Anyone met with similar issues? Or any idea about how this problem can be fixed? Is it an issue to be fixed by the company by the Marantz team? Any help would be greatly appreciated

My problems with the 5008A are different, but I just wanted to let you know I have had mine for probably almost 8 years and it has become haunted. How long are these things supposed to last?

I don't have an issue with the sound on my 5008A, except that it shuts off at random. The entertainment system is the 5008A, Definitive Technology tower speakers with built in powered subwoofer and HTD ceiling speakers for surround sound and an HTD center speaker.

The second system which serves the primary bathroom, outdoor patio by the pool and a study is a Denon S650H attached to HTD ceiling speakers inside the house and HTD outdoor speakers on the patio.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom