Marantz sr5003 zone 2 probs

Fitzyboy2000

Standard Member
Reaction score
Morning guys.

A friend of mine has a marantz sr5003 amp and is unsure how to use the zone 2 function on it, any ideas or where this info is obtainable, dosent have the book?

Cheers..

I don't have specific knowledge of that amplifier but I can give a bit of general advice.

The vast majority (finger in the air time here 95%+) of amplifiers can only route analogue signals to their zone 2 output.

So for example if you had a Sky HD box hooked up via HDMI / Optical / Coaxial, you would also need a set of two phono's in order to be able to use the zone 2 output.

It could well be that your friend has all their sources connected digitally - in which case he won't get anything out of zone 2.

Owners manual for the 5003 here.

Steve

Got u,

but what his set up is, he has got 2 x 2 sets of outside speakers coming back 2 the amp and he wants to connect them up so he can play sound from the sky box or cd player through them, im confused lol...

Hi

That's all fine. All he needs to do is make sure that he has analogue audio leads connected to his amplifier as well as the digital ones.

Steve

Thanks Steve

Looking at the book it says you need to connect another amp to the marantz amp by phonos from the zone 2 output? is this correct?

Cant really understand the book it says that there is another amp to connect to the marantz for this 2 work.?
still no wiser lol...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom