Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Marantz SR4400 Inputs and Outputs - confused

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by hughmacd, Jan 23, 2005.

Tags:
  1. hughmacd

hughmacd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've recently replaced my aging Kenwood setup with a Marantz SR4400, Gale speakers, etc.

I'd like to take advantage of the video inputs for convenience and have DVD, and Digibox plugged into the two S-Video inputs, with the TV plugged into the Monitor output. However, I tried connecting my VCR into one of the composite video inputs & get no picture on the TV. I used a SCART to video cable.

The manual is worded a little confusingly in that one sections says the inputs and outputs are associated together, so s-video inputs only appear on the s-video outputs & similarly for composite. However, it also says "There are 2 monitor outputs and each one includes both composite video and S-video configurations".

Does anyone know whether both the monitor outputs provide both video and s-video? If so, what have I done wrong?