1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz sr4300

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Bob Todd, Apr 21, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373
    whats the deal with this thing I have had mine a week now and I can only access the menu under certain circumstances, of which i dont know what they are?

I just press the button sometimes it will let me in other times it wont

2. David Rasmussen

David Rasmussen
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are you aware of these two "oddities":

1. The remote has to be in Amp Mode for you to access the menus, change processing etc. If you've pressed, say, DVD you will be in DVD Mode. In short: Press the Amp button before trying to enter the menu, if in doubt

2. When switching inputs with the remote, you have to press the input button in question, twice in succesion, like double clicking. Just pressing once will put the remote in the Mode of that input. So if you press the DVD button once, the remote will be able to control Marantz (and Philips?) DVD players, but the input won't actually have changed to DVD.

/David

3. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373
    That helped alot dave thanx.

I got the Marantz for 2 reasons, the first was for some future capabilities when I getsome power speakers.

The second was that it is the only amp I have seen that does coax/tosh in -> coax out.

The reason I need that is I have a Philips 9616 DD5.1 TV which supports coaxial input.

I am using my xbox as a dvd player, its has optical out.
    I also have a sigma xcard in my PC which has coaxial out put and I wish to switch between the 2.

one of the things that annoys me is the RCA inputs (i like to backup my stuff onto video) if I connect to the TV rca inputs and press the TV button on my remote it changes my TV channel.

cant the video inputs of the amp just act like "Input1,2" etc instead of actually being used for a specific device?

4. David Rasmussen

David Rasmussen
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The first menu item in the main menu is "Input". In there, you can choose what kind of input to go with what device name etc. I don't know if you can do what you describe here, but I would think so.

And btw., all of this is in the manual, maybe you should read it? :)

/David

5. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373
    have done maybe im just thick:clown: