1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz SR4300 surround modes

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by john_p, Dec 17, 2003.

1. john_p

john_p
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've just bought a E-Pilot 9200 from Maplin (bargain, just £29) and have set it up OK. Everything works, except for my Marantz SR4300 amp.

Some of the controls for the amp work OK (volume, source, sleep, mute) but the direct selection of surround sound modes doesn't work properly - i.e. the DTS / Dolby / Stereo that is doubled up with the numbers on the Marantz remote.

Any ideas? Is this doomed not to work? (Not the end of the world as it usually picks up the correct mode from the DVD and ends up in Dolby Pro Logic otherwise, but I'd like to get it working!)

2. Art Vanderlay

Art Vanderlay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I know it doesn't help, but I have never managed to get these to work with my Universal Remote either (Cambridge m100)

I've resigned myself to getting up to do it on the amp for the time being, until I get a more programmable remote later in the year.

As you say, it is rarely that much of an issue.

3. john_p

john_p
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I ended up programming in the menu / ok / up down left right buttons, as you can go through the menu and select the surround mode from 7 I think.

I wonder if Marantz have some special coding that only works with their programmable remotes ?

4. jsmurray

jsmurray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can control all the options on the SR4300 from my RC500 (Pronto) remote.
    DTS = RC5 16 37 46
    Movie = RC5 16 37 29
    Stereo = RC5 16 37 30
    etc

If you can use these standard codes with your remote I can send you the full list.

HTH