1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz SR4300 Problems... HELP!!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by electrify_dizz, Apr 27, 2004.

Tags:
  1. electrify_dizz

electrify_dizz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I've had the SR4300 for about 10 months, and untl now, had no problems.

That is until the past few weeks. Recently, I have found that my rear speakers have started crackling, and its been getting worse. It got so bad that last night, I just unplugged them as it was ruining the film. However, when I did, the amp started periodically turning itself off, and unless I turned the power off, and back on, it wouldn't reload.

So, in the end, I gave up and put the rear speakers back in, but they now sound worse than ever, crackling constantly, even when there isnt a film on!

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what the problem is, and if so, what I can do to stop it!

2. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    if its less than 10 months old, it might be an idea to take it back as it should still be under warranty.

First check for loose strands on your speaker wires, and make sure no strands from the opposing wire are touching each other. Also check the back of the amp, make sure no speaker strands from one cable is touching strands from another.

If the problem persists after checking all the speaker cables, it might need to be taken back.