Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Marantz SR4300 problem.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by gtowns, Apr 29, 2005.

Tags:
  1. gtowns

gtowns
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

I recently purchased the above amp from Richer Sounds and, although delighted with its quality, have noticed a slight clicking noise from the left rear channel, enough for it to become slightly annoying. It happens no matter how I switch round the cables, speakers, and sources. I notice a few on here have had problems (drop-outs etc) with this or similar Marantz amps.

The shop will exchange it for me, which suits me as I got it for a decent price and am more than happy with its abilities, but I'm worried I might just be exchanging one faulty unit for another.

Can any Marantz owners give me an idea of any trouble they've had with their amps, especially the new 4500 as I may upgrade if necessary.

Also, can anyone set their rear speaker to large? It has been asked but never fully answered before.

Thanks,
    George