Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Marantz SR4300 or Sony STRDE695

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by sionos, Nov 14, 2003.

Tags:
  1. sionos

sionos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help!!!! I would love to know which of the two (same price incidentally) would be the best to go for, especially as you people seem to have the lowdown on all things hifi.
    Cheers in advance :)

2. clancol

clancol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    the marantz will prob sound better with music
    not to sure on the results with movies.
    could try some amps from dennon or pioneer.
    oh and yamaha make some amazing recevers that sound very nice for great prices.
    altho get a demo as the yamaha's are an aqured taste a bit like marmite "hate it or want to marry it"

3. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    No idea about the Sony, but I love my 4300 :D. Very flexible, good range of processing if you want it, paid £220 so don't know how that compares with the price you're thinking of.

4. zoolander

zoolander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah,ive seen the SR4300 at richers for £200 in black.Heard it briefly and was quite impressed.Nice clean sound and good effects steering.Nice build too.Havent heard that sony but have heard the strb780?? or something like that,very slow and congested sound,not as good as the class leaders like Yamaha,pioneer and marantz.Go for the marantz:D not being biased coz ive had lots of marantz gear,its just what id pick out of that and the sony.I think the current cheapest yamaha and pioneer models start from £300ish.Also i dont think the sony you mentioned decodes DTS es or Dolby Digital ex:thumbsdow

Zoo

5. sionos

sionos
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to your help, my mind is set on the Marantz! Now, again being a veritable newbie to all this I am going to match my Sony DVP-NS705v dvd player up to it, which plays SACD, what connections (interconnects etc.) options should I consider to make the most of the amp/dvd player? Currently, my dvd player is connected to my tv via a plain old scart lead, naturally I would love to improve if i can - cheers!