Marantz SR4300 or Denon AVR1803

jtorry

Standard Member
Reaction score
Currently have a Marantz SR4200 and as these two amps are going cheap I thought I would upgrade. So which is going to be better for movies?

Have a look at the reviews on Homecinemchoice.com for a starter

Isn't one for the 4300. I'd go Denon (And nearly did !).

;) for Saguk.

Mike.

Where did you find them going for cheap? Empire direct has them both for £130 (a real bargain) but they have already cleared their stock as of yesterday.

I'd go for the Denon myself.

Cheers,
Drak

They're both showing as 'in stock' as of now, have you rung them then ?

Mike.

I rang them yesterday. The last SR4300 was going out as I was speaking to them and they were already out of AVR 1803. At that price, you don't expect them to have any units for long.

I've read elsewhere that empire direct don't update their online stock info too frequently.

Cheers,
Drak

I will be getting one of these. Which one?

Probably connecting it to some mission M73i and M71i.

\\Chris

DRAK
That SR4300 was mine, i kicked up a hell of a fuss for the web advertisments being woefully out of date, the manager managed to find me one in the warehouse and it is on its way.
:D

I just picked up some Denon SCM51's for £30 :eek:

Will these be ok with a Marantz SR4300?

\\Chris

Originally posted by cochise
DRAK
That SR4300 was mine, i kicked up a hell of a fuss for the web advertisments being woefully out of date, the manager managed to find me one in the warehouse and it is on its way.
:D

Someone probably had their order bumped to accomodate you.

Mike.

Erm dont think so Flimber seen as most of the staff who i spoke to said that they had been told there was none of these for at least two weeks and they hadnt put through an order recently. As far as i am concerned the fact that these remain as in stock for some time on the net after they are sold out is breaching advertising standards so maybe they will sort themselves out..

I have my own opinions on what is happening to stock at that place but cant air them for legal reasons.

Cochise, are you saying that they are getting more SR4300?

Also, if i print out the web page will RS match the price?

\\Chris

The SR4300 is a discontinued model afaik an Empire wont be able to restock.
So anything floating about will be getting scarcer. No idea about RS matching to be honest. I will be off there soon for some cabling me thinks

SCm51 are Mission made and are fairly similar to the M30 but are rear ported (Bung supplied) so should be fine.

I'm very very pleased with them for £30.
Only have them hooked upto my awful aiwa hifi at the moment.
Can't wait untill i get a proper receiver in the week!

\\Chris

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom