1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz SR4300 - NO BASS!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Crispy, Dec 20, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Crispy

Crispy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

I've just received my SR4300 and hooked it up. My first impressions are good - great sound quality and build quality.

However, i've noticed that there is very little bass. I'm running a pair of floorstanders (they are DIY speakers - design taken from Audax website). I tested the speakers with an old 30watt pc mini system, and had the perfect amount of bass. However, the Marantz only produces very weak bass. It could be that the treble is too high, therefore meaning that i'm keeping the volume down. What volume do most people use for average listening? Any ideas? Could the amp be a duff?

Help!!!!

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Several possiblities.....unlikely that the amp is a duffer,given that it's producing sound.
    More likely is that the bass management settings are incorrect,and may be resulting in very little bass information being directed to your speakers.
    A few questions...do you have a sub running?
    Also are the speakers set to large or small in the setup menu?
    What frequency is your bass cut off set to?

If you're not running a sub,and the speakers are suitably full range,you should set the sub option to off,and the speaker size to large.

This may get you started...good luck.

3. Crispy

Crispy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply.

It's set to stereo at the moment. No other speakers connected yet. All surround speakers, centre and sub are set to OFF. The front speakers are set to ON and LARGE.

This has really confused me!