1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz SR4300 modification

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by blue_harvester, Aug 12, 2003.

Tags:
  1. blue_harvester

blue_harvester
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recall reading on these forums about a factory modification has been carried out on the newer Marantz SR4300 AV receivers to rectify a number of issues. A green sticker is visible on the rear of the device (and on the box??) if the mod has been carried out.

I’m currently waiting on my local Richer Sounds contacting me to let me know that they have just got more of these receivers into stock. Richer are selling them for £199, and I was just wondering whether or not the reason they are selling for so cheap at Richer is because they are the unmodified versions?

Should I request to check the receiver before I buy it or will there definitely be a green sticker on the box? What problems do the modification actually resolve?

2. blue_harvester

blue_harvester
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. MonkeyDonkey

MonkeyDonkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a 4200 without the mod and tbh didn't realise they were modding the 4300 as they came out after the problem was known so :confused: .

But yes, RS will gladly open the box and show you the receiver, just say you want to see it. I asked to see my 4200 because the box had tape on and it was the last in store I just wanted to check it was still in perfect condition.

I doubt the price is due to this, its been out a while now so its only to be expected it will fall in price, I seem to remember the new models have been announced too.

Oh and I'd recommend ringing RS, as I wouldn't just assume they'll remember or bother to ring you even if they said they would.