Marantz SR4200 Phones socket problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by adsmithy, Jan 10, 2008.

Tags:
  1. adsmithy

adsmithy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

Had my SR4200 for ages now, must be at least 3 years. Only recently attempted to plug my headphones in and... they sound absolute rubbish, very thin, distorted sound.

The amp is also failing to mute my main speakers so i'm getting sound through the speakers & phones. The sound through the main speakers is also terrible [when headphones connected].

Whats up with that?

Cheers,
    adsmithy

2. adsmithy

adsmithy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. steevio_uk

steevio_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I cannot really help with the problem, but the socket on my SR4200 works fine and do mute the main speakers... perhaps it may be a fault with it?

As a matter of interest, what speakers do you use with the amp and how does it sound?

4. adsmithy

adsmithy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My system *went* as follows; E-mu 1212m [analogue out] > SR4200 [analogue out] > MA500 power amps > Axis LS28 bookshelves.

In the last few days I have removed the SR4200 from the equation and gone direct from 1212m to MA500 and the sound has improved dramatically. So I may well just use the SR4200 for decoding digital and powering my centre and rears and route the front channels back into my 1212m.