• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

marantz sr4200 HELP

tonylfc888

hi there everyone who checks out this thread:hiya:,Right my problem is a friend give me his old sound set up :thumbsup:,which im greatful for(marantz sr4200 amp,4 kef 60s an a kef 80c),now the optical input 1 has a connection stuck in it an i cant get it out:mad:,but there is an optical input 2 but when i plug it in it wont work,my question is how do i get this to work any information is greatly appreciated thanks tony:smashin:

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Have you configured the device you're using with optical correctly? What is it and what settings are you using? Have you selected/assigned the optical input2? When you connect something to optical2, does the display change i.e. does it detect a signal? Do you know for certain that the device you're using works and that the cable is okay? Do you have a manual? If not, try and download one online.

tonylfc888

Have you configured the device you're using with optical correctly? What is it and what settings are you using? Have you selected/assigned the optical input2? When you connect something to optical2, does the display change i.e. does it detect a signal? Do you know for certain that the device you're using works and that the cable is okay? Do you have a manual? If not, try and download one online.

Thanks for the quick response puma :thumbsup:,And sorry not to have put all the info :thumbsdow.Just to let you no it was showing as no data,and optical input 1 was assigned to dvd and nothing was assigned to optical 2 but have managed to figure it out and everything working(as it should as far as i can tell :laugh:).believed only certain buttons worked as menu wouldn't come up but got me cousin to dig out the manual(which he brought round asap :thumbsup:),And found out that i had to press amp twice for that particular button to work :facepalm:,Would just like to say thanks again friend and 1 more question if i can :lease:,i need to change the speaker wire on the kef 60s and 80c how much should i look to spend on about 20m of wiring and how would you rate the set up should i be looking for something better as this is what i was planning next(kef 2005.3 is what i was interested in till this came along).Nice 1 tony

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom