1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz SR19 bass management

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by KAP, Dec 2, 2002.

Tags:
  1. KAP

KAP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've recently purchased Marantz SR19, and am having trouble getting any bass to be played through the subwoofer when in Dolby Pro Logic mode. With a digital source, the sub works fine. But playing the TV or a VCR, I get very little, or no bass via the SW, and can only get bass by switching to stereo mode. I've tried different speaker settings and volume levels etc, but still unable to get any output to the SW while in Dolby Prologic.

Also having trouble getting the remote to learn signals - with a coupe of my remotes its fine, but others it takes repeated attempts to programme.

Would appreciate any comments, esp from anyone who has the same receiver.

Thanks

2. KAP

KAP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Solved....I finally found the reset instructions in the manual. I reset the amp and the sub output came back to life on Pro Logic.

(I had had all speaker levels set to +10db - it appears that this was the cause, as bass disappeared again when I increased all channels to thsi level again - only on pro logic though)