• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

marantz sr 8002 with ma speakers

grims dale

Prominent Member
how good is the sound with this amp. i have ma gr10 plus centre and sfx back and sides. as im looking at getting sa cd player and how good is the sound when you turn it up when its playing multichannel sound

Spoonhead

Prominent Member
I have the 7002, which is an upgrade from a 7500, and I love the sound. Unfortunately the only way to know for sure is to demo the model somewhere. It can be somewhat subjective.

Gazza

I demoed the SR8002 and DV7001 as I am going to be using it to repalce my Denon DHT550SD for Home Cinema and my Audiolab/Marantz Ki/Kef Reference set up for Hifi.

I have to go for sub sats and 1st tried Kef 5005.2's which sounded great with movies but not so good with music.

I then tried it with Monitor Audio Radius R90's, R225 and RSW12. This was much better and I should get better still by using 3 x R225 at the front and R180's at the rear.

Like the previous person said, speakers are a personal thing but I think you will like the MA's sound with the Marantz.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom