marantz sr 7500 x1 connection

jazzman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,

I have a question i have a marantz sr 7500 receiver and an infocus x1 which and a marantz dv 6500 dvd player everything is connected to the x1 with component video cable through the 7 pin svideo adapter.

This means that i am not using the progressive scan mode of the dvd player which i assume should do a better job then the dvd player.

My receiver is unfortunatly connected to my receiver via composite i know that the marantz receiver has video upconversion which is just sending the video composite signals through the component video cable but afterall its not improoving the signal since the source is composite video.

My main question is would my picture quality be lower for tv watching if i were to to buy another composite cable and connect the satelite through composite directly to the x1 and use the progressive scan of the dvd by connecting the component cables to the vga input.

some advice will be highly appreciated

all the best

anyone :lease:

jazzman said:
Hello folks,

I have a question i have a marantz sr 7500 receiver and an infocus x1 which and a marantz dv 6500 dvd player everything is connected to the x1 with component video cable through the 7 pin svideo adapter.

This means that i am not using the progressive scan mode of the dvd player which i assume should do a better job then the dvd player.

My receiver is unfortunatly connected to my receiver via composite i know that the marantz receiver has video upconversion which is just sending the video composite signals through the component video cable but afterall its not improoving the signal since the source is composite video.

My main question is would my picture quality be lower for tv watching if i were to to buy another composite cable and connect the satelite through composite directly to the x1 and use the progressive scan of the dvd by connecting the component cables to the vga input.

some advice will be highly appreciated

all the best

I would connect the Infocus X1 to the SR7500 using a component cable. Then connect your satelite/TV to the SR7500 using composite or S-video if possible and connect the DV6500 to the SR7500 using another component cable. This way you use the upsampling to component of the SR7500 and you will get the best picture quality overall.

If this is not what you want, please explain exactly what you have and which cables are available, because it is not very clear from your post ;)

Regards,

Menel.

Dear menelaos thank you very much for your post

you are right i just realized that my thread has some mistakes,
i pretty much have all the cables i need my receiver is connected to the x1 via component video so is my dvd player to the receiver however there are two ways of connecting the receiver to the x1 through 2 different adapters first is connecting the component video cable to the 7 pin video input with an adaptor this video input does not allow you to send progressivescan signals and is using the faroudja chipset of the PJ and the other one is using the vga input with an other adapter which i have as and you can only send progressive scan signals this gives me the oportunity to use the progressive scan capacity of my dvd player which i would like but if do that i cant send the interlaced signal of the dss to the vesa adapter becouse it wont accept it.

And in this case i would have to use another composite cable to connect the video signal of the dss to the x1 and i wonder if this would lower the quality of the dss image i will have on the x1

thanks again

Menelaos said:
I would connect the Infocus X1 to the SR7500 using a component cable. Then connect your satelite/TV to the SR7500 using composite or S-video if possible and connect the DV6500 to the SR7500 using another component cable. This way you use the upsampling to component of the SR7500 and you will get the best picture quality overall.

If this is not what you want, please explain exactly what you have and which cables are available, because it is not very clear from your post ;)

Regards,

Menel.

I just had a quick look at the manual of the X1 and now I see your problem: The X1 has no component inputs.

Ok, I would connect the DVD to the VGA input using the adapter, since this way you can use the progressive scan of your DVD.

Then use the Faroudja scaling for the dds, I dont think the quality will suffer much if anything.

Hope this helps,

Menel.

thanks alot menelos i have the component videpo adapter for both inputs the svideo and the vga so componet video is no problemo,

The thing is , would it be better to use the progressive scan of the dvd or the faroudja chip set of the x1 for progessive scan (by sending interlaced from the dvd.)

if iam using the dvd's progressive scan i cant use the svideo input for dss since i dont have another set of component video cable and i would need 50 feet and a quality cable of that length cost 200 usd i already paid over 1,000 on cables this year therfore i would use a single composite cable to the composite input of the x1 since my dds is not digital afterall it only has composite out and european scart outs it doesnt have component out and the two converters i bought never worked for one reason or another (the converters were scart RGB to Component video converters.

Menelaos said:
I just had a quick look at the manual of the X1 and now I see your problem: The X1 has no component inputs.

Ok, I would connect the DVD to the VGA input using the adapter, since this way you can use the progressive scan of your DVD.

Then use the Faroudja scaling for the dds, I dont think the quality will suffer much if anything.

Hope this helps,

Menel.

I would use the prog scan from the DVD, but if your not sure you can test it both ways and see what's best.

Composite for the dds will be ok, you can always buy some extra cable later.

Good luck,

Menel.

thanks a lot menel

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom