Marantz SR-7300 / Pioneer VSX-D811S

Marantz SR-7300 / Pioneer VSX-D811S

• Marantz SR-7300

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Pioneer VSX-D811S

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

M.Joshi

I am trying to decide which receiver to go for. Marantz receivers are known for good 2-channel audio, but the Pioneer has 7.1 inputs. I read on another thread that the Pioneer is good for action movies, but not so good for 2-channel audio.

James45

Standard Member
so you're going to buy one depending on the results of a poll?!:eek: :rolleyes:
Either get a demo which may be tricky or take a risk. Put it this way you won't go wrong with the Marantz... although I refuse to vote to that effect on principle.

A

Audio101

Hi

Does anyone know when the 7300 amp will be released?

Thanks

M.Joshi

Hi 'Audio101',

The Marantz SR-7300 is already available in the U.K and I believe QED-UK.com are selling it the cheapest at the moment. You may be able to buy it cheaper on Unbeatable.co.uk if you ask them to price match.

E

EvilMudge

WRT Pioneer VSX-D811
I believe I was the one who suggested that Pioneers were good for Action movies and not much else. That was a common opinion of older Pioneer amps, and I still stand by my opinion on the 909.
However, the latest Pioneer amplifiers I've heard have been quite rich (lot's of detail) and dynamic. They have moved on a bit in two years. Certainly the C100 is a revelation, but you are paying for what is essentially a D511 shoved into a smaller box.

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom