Marantz SR-7300 / Pioneer VSX-D811S

Marantz SR-7300 / Pioneer VSX-D811S

• Marantz SR-7300

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Pioneer VSX-D811S

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

M.Joshi

I am trying to decide which receiver to go for. Marantz receivers are known for good 2-channel audio, but the Pioneer has 7.1 inputs. I read on another thread that the Pioneer is good for action movies, but not so good for 2-channel audio.

James45

Standard Member
so you're going to buy one depending on the results of a poll?!:eek: :rolleyes:
Either get a demo which may be tricky or take a risk. Put it this way you won't go wrong with the Marantz... although I refuse to vote to that effect on principle.

A

Audio101

Hi

Does anyone know when the 7300 amp will be released?

Thanks

M.Joshi

Hi 'Audio101',

The Marantz SR-7300 is already available in the U.K and I believe QED-UK.com are selling it the cheapest at the moment. You may be able to buy it cheaper on Unbeatable.co.uk if you ask them to price match.

E

EvilMudge

WRT Pioneer VSX-D811
I believe I was the one who suggested that Pioneers were good for Action movies and not much else. That was a common opinion of older Pioneer amps, and I still stand by my opinion on the 909.
However, the latest Pioneer amplifiers I've heard have been quite rich (lot's of detail) and dynamic. They have moved on a bit in two years. Certainly the C100 is a revelation, but you are paying for what is essentially a D511 shoved into a smaller box.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom