1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marantz SR-7200 - Monitor Out....

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by arnthelene, Dec 16, 2002.

Tags:
  1. arnthelene

arnthelene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!

I wonder if it's possible to use VCR out instead of MONITOR out for TV output? (S-VIDEO)

I am not satisfied with the quality of the output through MONITOR out. I think that someting is wrong with the contact, and that the receiver needs to be sent back. But I want to wait over the christmas period to do that. That's why I am posting this tread...

2. CodeThief

CodeThief

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Not entirely sure Im getting your drift here. My 6200 has pretty poor picture quality when viewing the amp menu on the tv. Do you mean when you put things throught the SVHS inputs they come out looking bad?

Dave

3. arnthelene

arnthelene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, the picture quality is not good at all through monitor out. The objects in the front of the picture looks sharp and good, but the background is not clear at all. It looks out of focus. It is like there's some "fog" there.

When I connect the DVD-player straight to the telley, the picture is perfect. Through the receiver it becomes "fuzzy".

I tried the VCR out today instead of monitor out, and the picture became much better.....

4. Gomez

Gomez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IMO Monitor Out is only for getting the OSD on the screen...

I guess the signal for the OSD is always there, even though the OSD is not active.

Maybe that's why you get the poor picture quality there.

But why don't you connect the DVD- Player just directly to the TV?

By putting the picture signal through any device, you always risk a wore picture quality.

I'd always go the direct way.