Marantz SR 6013 - Protection mode. What next?

Tonemapper

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had two trouble free years with the SR 6013 but after watching a couple of hours of a movie at the weekend , mostly at around -5db, it shut down suddenly.
Pressing the power on button results in it switching on briefly and shutting off, with the power light flashing red every .5 of a second. So, protection mode.

I've left it a few days to cool down, removed all rear connections, tried switching to different sources with the front dial, restarted, reset and did a full factory firmware restore, still no joy.

It's out of warranty. What are my next steps?

Do any of you know someone within a reasonable distance of Watford, Herts, who could take a look and potentially repair it?

Check protection history first. Flashing red every .5 of a second indicates on the ASO/DC.

1637173034615.png

Check protection history first. Flashing red every .5 of a second indicates on the ASO/DC.

View attachment 1604478
Thanks dobrykamil. I've tried to perform the above but as soon as I get to selecting 2. Protection, the unit powers off with a click, comes back for a second with a click, then powers off.

You may of reversed the polarity of one of the cables, It's not always evident straight away, this happened to me with a Denon a couple of years ago, so you could check the wiring on the back of the amp.

You may of reversed the polarity of one of the cables, It's not always evident straight away, this happened to me with a Denon a couple of years ago, so you could check the wiring on the back of the amp.
Thanks but nothing is connected at the moment, and even when it was, it had been connected like that for nearly two years.

Update: It tripped again. I don't think it's thermals so I will try swapping the other speaker cable.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom