Marantz SR-4300 vs Cambridge Audio 540R

Vik's

Standard Member
Which one will be better?
Will be used with Cerwin Vega V-10F and V-6F speakers.
Please help me with some advice, as I have no chance to hear both of them right now...

I've heard about some "cracking" in channels on Marantz, but it is not a common problem I suppose?

And possible option is still NAD T742, but it would be nice to have 6.1, isn't it?

Dfour

Why not go for the marantz 4400?? Its as cheap or cheaper than the 4300. Also the yamaha rxv440 is a cracking amp if you like yamaha's styling.
The marantz and the yamaha are know quantities but the cambridge is a newby.

Vik's

Standard Member
The problem is that I can't find SR4400 here in Norway.

Btw, if anyone can say about marantz-"watt"? Is it 80x6 really? Do they measure watts in the same way as i.e. NAD?

That is what the most interesting thing about Cambridge - what are they capable to do in multichannel line? They doing well in stereo amps... And descrete amps on all channels with 80W/8Ohm, with total power consuption 850W and aluminium metal facia...

R

roversd1

I have had the Cambridge Azur DVD and reciever for about 4 weeks, priced at £500 GBP for the pair in the UK, I just cant fault it.

The 100W into 8 Ohms, 2 channel is best described as 'soft' and the 6.1 x80W into 8 OHms is pretty impressive as it is currently driving some very mismatched speakers.

I'm used to a TAG set-up so it is not fair to compare but still, the Cambridge makes a great alternative to mainstream products and looks excellent.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 Review, Apple Lossless & Dolby Atmos @ no cost, Sennheiser IE900 review + more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom