Marantz Separates or AVR

No major benefit with this setup unless you have either a very large room or difficult to drive front speakers
Which I don't think either is the case based on previous posts in this thread.

The above setup won't improve stereo/music performance either. Over & above the slightly better musical performance that Marantz AVR's have over their cheaper Denon equivalent models.

Possibly. Depends how important Music listening is to you and if you intend to use the Marantz AVR for both movies & Music.

As said above Marantz are better for music than Denon, but no AVR (except possibly the buggy & expensive Anthem/Arcam ones will be as good as a decent Stereo integrated amp with HT bypass.

See above paragraph. This would be my preferred (and imo best) option. I do this with a Denon 4500H & Audiolab 6000A (ht bypass integrated amp. I chose the Denon over the equivalent Marantz model as the denon has the same features but is cheaper.

So I would actually look to swap the Marantz SR7015, with the Denon equivalent (I think that's a 3700) as it's:

a: cheaper,
b: adding the M2si negates the need to have the one improvement the Marantz offers over the Denon (ie marginal musical improvement). Since the integrated amp will handle all 2 channel/music duties with any AVR being bypassed.

One other thing. I do feel like we're repeating a lot of advice to you. Please if possible go to a Audio store & demo the combo.
Thank you all for your advice and I will arrange to sample the speakers and receivers if possible. Thanks again.

The X3700 doesn't have any form of Alpha processing. AL24 was last fitted to the X4300 and above, replaced with AL32 from the X4400 models onwards. No X3XXX models have ever had Alpha processing.
My apologies. @gibbsy is clearly the "Aplha", when it come to Denon AVR specifications 🤣🤣🤣😉😉😉👍🏼

those still wont be as good as a "decent stereo integrated amp with ht bypass" not to say not good enough for some...but given the price you spend on those AVRs you can get some tasty 2ch integrated instead :)
Sorry it should of read:

As said above Marantz are better for music than Denon, but no AVR (including the buggy & expensive Anthem/Arcam ones) will be as good as a decent Stereo integrated amp with HT bypass.

😂😂😂🙈🙊

The AVR-3xxx series used to have a higher spec when it sat higher up the range. For many years it was either 2nd or 3rd in line to the Denon throne. For example, the AVR-3312/3 both had AL24 multi-channel processing and 125W per channel so were closer to today’s AVR-X4xxx series.

The AVR-3xxx series used to have a higher spec when it sat higher up the range. For many years it was either 2nd or 3rd in line to the Denon throne. For example, the AVR-3312/3 both had AL24 multi-channel processing and 125W per channel so were closer to today’s AVR-X4xxx series.
THey were only 7 channel models and also didn't include XT32 which you got on the models above them. I know this because I had an AVR3313.

Higher tier models such as the AVR4510 were 9 xhannel models with 11 channel processing inclusive of XT32. They obviously predated Atmos and DTS:X though.

Another option I was considering was to simply just upgrade my current receiver to the Marantz SR7015 and then at a later stage, add a M2SI into the mix.
upgrade the current receiver and see how you go... if the urge presents later on ... do certainly explore 2ch integrated options...

this is quite correct...infact it happened post 2008 models and it was to squeeze in the denon 1 series ....so all the models moved a peg up in name ... the 4311 was really the 3808 replacement...

now days not to say 3 series not good, they are excellent for money.... but yes as you go up the range as always been you get better everything... analog stages, pre stage, processing, dacs, power supplies...power stages..heatsinking etc

denon has been able to squeeze more in ...in recent times with manufacturing in china and now vietnam and such ... vs say 6x00+ models now have to buy if want made in japan :)

Hi, sorry to resurect this thread but it matches something I wanted to ask.
I have a Denon 3500H and MA Bronze 5 front speakers. I run a turntable into the Denon.
Would adding something like the audiolab 6000A improve the vinyl sound?
Would streaming music from the denon using amazon music or networked flac files be improved or would the DAC on the denon have a negative influence the sound quality.?

The 6000A has a built in phono stage (for your turntable). Using this - instead of the phono stage in the 3500H will imo improve your vinyl sound. The biggest influence on the sound is an amplifiers pre-amp stage and the pre-amp in the 6000A will likely be better than the Denons

Would streaming music from the denon using amazon music or networked flac files be improved or would the DAC on the denon have a negative influence the sound quality.?
It's more likely that the Denon's pre-amp will have a negative influence rather than the DAC. I have an Audiolab 6000A & Denon 4500H working in a Home Theatre Stereo combination. I would advise to plug all your stereo sources into the 6000A. This will bypass the pre-amp of the Denon entirely. You can get a seperate music streamer to connect to the 6000A:

Alternatively, there's the 6000A Play - which has a built in music streamer. Although it uses DTS PlayFi and I find the software to be buggy. I'd personally look at either a Bluesound Node or the 1st Yamaha standalone streamer I linked to. If you have any Sonos gear you might want to look at the Sonos Port.

Hope this helps.

The 6000A has a built in phono stage (for your turntable). Using this - instead of the phono stage in the 3500H will imo improve your vinyl sound. The biggest influence on the sound is an amplifiers pre-amp stage and the pre-amp in the 6000A will likely be better than the Denons

It's more likely that the Denon's pre-amp will have a negative influence rather than the DAC. I have an Audiolab 6000A & Denon 4500H working in a Home Theatre Stereo combination. I would advise to plug all your stereo sources into the 6000A. This will bypass the pre-amp of the Denon entirely. You can get a seperate music streamer to connect to the 6000A:

Alternatively, there's the 6000A Play - which has a built in music streamer. Although it uses DTS PlayFi and I find the software to be buggy. I'd personally look at either a Bluesound Node or the 1st Yamaha standalone streamer I linked to. If you have any Sonos gear you might want to look at the Sonos Port.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply, I will take a look.

Thanks for the reply, I will take a look.
You're welcome. If you can get a 6000A or 6000A Play on home demo. I'm happy to help with any setup queries 🙂

Hi, sorry to resurect this thread but it matches something I wanted to ask.
I have a Denon 3500H and MA Bronze 5 front speakers. I run a turntable into the Denon.
Adding a stereo amp, with all your music sources going directly into that amp, will almost certainly improve your music enjoyment. The Audiolab also has the benefit of HT by-pass which means it will act as a power amp for the front left and right. The combination of stereo amp and the Denon will have to be fired up for film and TV but only the stereo amp for music. Easy to set up and use.

Like @Jester1066 I use a stereo amp alongside my Denon with my music sources going directly into the stereo amp. Far better than using the Denon for music.

Adding a stereo amp, with all your music sources going directly into that amp, will almost certainly improve your music enjoyment. The Audiolab also has the benefit of HT by-pass which means it will act as a power amp for the front left and right. The combination of stereo amp and the Denon will have to be fired up for film and TV but only the stereo amp for music. Easy to set up and use.

Like @Jester1066 I use a stereo amp alongside my Denon with my music sources going directly into the stereo amp. Far better than using the Denon for music.
I'll give it a try, thanks for the input.

just reading the posts...if adding the audiolab amp what would the benefit be of buying the more expensive 6015/7015 over the 1711 if the audiolab just provides r/l front sound? thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom