• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Marantz sa7001: can't play / no disc error

Marve77

Recently my marantz has become picky with which discs it plays.
It plays SACD's fine with no issue but when I put a CD in I'm tending to get one of the above errors.
This started off as a once in a blue moon thing, but has now progressed to pretty much every time, even brand new CD's.
Has any one else had this issue?
Could it just be a dirty lens that needs cleaned? Is this something that I could do myself or am I likely to cause more damage?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Colin

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
It could be a dirty lens, but unless you have a badly polluted room, it's unlikely. Try cleaning it with a CD lens cleaner (e.g. Amazon product).

Otherwise it sounds like you'll need to get it repaired. The problem can happen with any player, and generally involves replacing the tracking mechanism.

Marve77

Ah thanks Mark,
I feel quite daft now I had completely forgotten you could them, was imagining having to open her up and get a cotton bud out.

Thanks for the memory jog...

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom